B25-B44 Strange behaviors in "My History" [Investigating, Ticket In]

Android Auto has introduced new anomalies in this area even if the result is the one already reported previously: the multiplication of the same track actually listened to only once.
In general, this happens if, for whatever reason, the connection with Android Auto is lost or the music pauses without actually pressing the “pause” button.

What I reported in the video (don’t worry, I recorded it in a private area closed to traffic :sweat_smile:) is a bug due to the 6-touch restriction that Android Auto has.
Watch the full length of the video because the problem doesn’t always happen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IY_YrNpaYp8K4yYneH5WaxZndyOx0Ll5/view?usp=drivesdk

Timestamp Saturday 14 January 2023 around 11.45 CET
ARC build 129
Core build 1191

Track: “This is not a drill” - Teramaze

Any chance to see this fixed?

We will look into it and see if it’s reproducible on our end.

OK. If you need more details, I’m here

I switched to a new phone (google pixel 7a) for a few days and this duplication problem occurs many times. In all these months I have always monitored this behavior (especially to keep the actual listening of a track aligned so as not to distort all the other statistics) and the problem does not concern ARC but Roon. Whenever Roon closes or crashes while a track is playing and it is not completed, when it restarts it is always counted as + (perhaps because roon cannot understand that you are continuing to listen to the same track but always considers it new). With ARC this behavior happens much more often (every time you close the app not leaving it in the background, if you receive notifications that interrupt the music streamed by ARC for a few seconds, every time you interrupt the connection with android auto abnormally, every time the usb diver crashes…) . Maybe with the new pixel 7a phone it happens more often than with the samsung s9+ I had previously due to the different management of the battery and foreground/background apps.

Excuse me for insisting on this😅, but I consider it a very important function, in addition to knowing how many times I’ve listened to a song, for a whole series of secondary information and functions of Roon

This is an example of an album (7 tracks total) played from start to finish with no repeats or replays

An abstract illusioni - woe (2023-05-28)