B475 Roon won’t load after upgrade (MacBook Pro. OS 10.10.5)

Tonight I found another thread about slow download speeds that mentioned Dropbox as the culprit so I turned off Roon backup to Dropbox. My Internet download speed is now blazing fast again. Now I just need to reinstall 416 again and see how well the Tidal steaming works. My guess is that it will be fine. Any guess on how the fix to Roon is coming along?

That said, there are a lot of places to back up files, all of them cheaper than Dropbox. Any thoughts about making some available?

Hi @Gerhard_Martan,
I recommend setting up Roon to backup to a local file system, then sync that backup folder to the Cloud resource of your choice.

A post was split to a new topic: Missing data on Yosemite

Yep. Without Dropbox connected my ancient MacBook Pro works perfectly, including DSP upsampling. No issues. Hopefully a fix for this upgrade issue is forthcoming soon.

I’m looking around at the various posts but I am not seeing any solution, other than remaining on 416, posted. If this fix is still pending, can you please set my expectations. Thanks.

Hi @Gerhard_Martan,

The fix was in Build 500 … so you can upgrade to Roon 1.7 B500 now.

Hi @Gerhard_Martan,

Carl is correct — Mac OS 10.10.5 compatibility was resolved Roon 1.7. Please give the update a try and let us know if anything helps.

The update has certainly resolved the compatibility issue but now there is often a short burst of static when songs end.

Hi @Gerhard_Martan, I’ve marked this topic as solved, can you start a new support topic for the “short burst of static” issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.