B521 Update - Google Nexus 7 and Samsung S5 Android Roon Remotes broken

Dell i7 laptop Roon Core build 521

Wifi via Netgear router / modem

KEF LSX wireless speakers

Description Of Issue

After upgrade to build 521, Roon remote is broken on Google Nexus 7 and Samsung S5. Remote is able to contact the core, but becomes non-responsive before fully loading screen. Issue not resolved by reinstalling Roon Remote.

Hi @Greg_Barrington,

Any change after rebooting the device?

Are non-Android remotes working okay?

I’ve also enabled diagnostics so the team can take a look. Can you reboot each device and connect to Roon and let me know once you’ve done so?

Have powered off core, android, router and speakers. Now restarted, but same symptoms. Attached is screenshot of Nexus 7.

I have only androids running Roon Remote. Please explain “connect to Roon”

Hi @Greg_Barrington,

I’m not seeing any log reports from your Android devices being delivered to our servers. Can I please ask that you open the Roon Remote app on both your devices affected by this issue and let the app sit on the overview screen for a few minutes? Once you have done so please let us know so we can re-check our diagnostics servers, thanks!

I have Nexus 7 and Samsung S5 running Roon Remote and am restarting the app each time it goes to the background (between 0330-0430 UTC).

I have just installed Roon on a Windows 10 PC as a remote control and the installation works fine. Still no luck with the androids.

Hi @Greg_Barrington,

I can confirm that logs have been received and have been passed to QA for their investigation, thanks!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs