B846 running on QNAP and it no longer can see my local files

You are absolutely correct!! It is now working. Thank you!!! I am not sure why it worked before though.

3 Likes

It must be related to a combination of the 5.0.0.1828 QTS upgrade and the Roon upgrade tightening security… is also strange that access via network share worked anyway…

Hi @Michael_Paulson ,

To clarify here, you are saying that after enabling guest access, local shares worked as expected again without having to add them as network shares? This resolved the issue for you? Please let us know, thanks!

1 Like

Yes that is correct

1 Like

Same here.
After dealing with this issue since last week-end, I have ended this evening with simply applying read permission to guest on the local folder (so no change here) and restored (again…) the database.
I might be a bit optimistic but I can say that everything works fine now (just like before…).

1 Like

QTS - 4.5.4.1800

I also tried setting guest permission to shared folders from deny to read only as per another post on this same subject.

Edit - Spoke to soon I guess. Maybe adjusting guest permission helped, I had forgot to reboot roon after making the change. However, now it’s scanning my entire library again rather than just having everything show up. I figured if it could access the drives my library is already saved in a database right? Oh well, at least it’s working again.

1 Like

Hey @robbbby,

We appreciate your time and efforts in trying the suggested steps. It’s awesome to hear it worked :pray:

Well I just upgraded to 5.0.0.1850 and I lost everything again.

Edit - Well looks like after upgrade it didn’t keep my shared folder permissions. So now hard drives in the NAS are going crazy again as roon slowly adds all the music back to the library.
Is there some way to prevent roon from having to manually rescan my entire library if this happens again?

…Actually, problem not solved.
I have to go through a database files deletion and restore again each time the QNAP NAS will restart or update…
This is very frustrating.
Roon has been perfectly running fine for years and now i’m loosing more time dealing with those issues than listening to music.
Oh, and service is not free during that time.

Hey everyone,

Since this topic is also being discussed at the link below, I’ve closed this thread so we can consolidate all the information we have, be able to keep track of everything and update everyone :nerd_face:

@Fabrice75017, we’ve added your information to our investigation. Thank you for sharing it.

We’ll follow up as soon as we have an update.

2 Likes

Update: