Backing up Roon and Pointing Roon to my music files via "watch"

Hey @Tony_D

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. I see you’ve been getting some recommendations here from some of Community’s knowledgable contributors. Thank you as always @Geoff_Coupe and @bearFNF for the assist.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Your issue could be Tony that you’re trying to create a backup in the same folder location where your watched music is stored. You DON’T want to do that. I’ll link the backup how-to here again for easy reference, please notice that we advise against placing your backup in a scanned folder.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing when you try to set-up your back-up?

Also, it sounds like you’ve installed an internal storage drive to your Nucleus, and added an external drive. If that’s the case you could create a folder for backups on that drive. You just want to make sure that it’s not contains inside your watched music folder.

We’ll be watching for your response and get back to you as soon as we can.