Roon core installed on USB 3.2 SanDisk SSD externally attached to QNAP machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

HDMI, YAMAHA MusicCast, Airplay

Number of Tracks in Library

almost 60,000

Description of Issue

First of all: sorry that I didn’t bother before…
But I’m planing to move my core to a different device at some point.
Adding and playing music is perfect.

My Roon backup does not work since 11/2021.
The operation system on QNAP and Roon itself had many updates during this time, but I’m suspecting that successfully saving backups stopped after moving the core to the USB attached SSD.

Scheduled and manual backups are failing whatever backup location I am choosing: in a directory parallel to the tracks on the internal HDD, in a directory parallel to the core on the external SDD.

I have done all the suggestions (stopping, waiting, starting) as described in

Logs are prepared and ready for upload…

Thanks in advance for your help

Hey @Wolfgang,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! After reviewing your core diagnostics, we see some critical issues with your current database that are beyond our repair.

Our suggestion at this point would be to save what you can manually - export as much info as you can, and restore the latest available backup you have available. Using a third-party app like Soundiiz, you can transfer and import playlist information across platforms.

Your other option is to start completely fresh, with a fresh database.

I’m sorry that you’re going through this, and let me know if you any additional questions. :+1:

Hello @Benjamin,
thanks a lot for your answer.
I’ve started completely fresh and that is fine (and now much faster).

I was a bit surprised by your statement that there can be a Roon installation which is running - but not the backup - and which is beyond repair.
That does not make me feel really confident…

Best, Wolfgang

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.