Backup prior to migration question

Yes, disconnected from the mac, was never able to connect to the rock apart from web interface.

Maybe reboot everything.

1 Like

This also pulls the latest server build. In contrast, adding the latest server build to the ROCK ISO will be more complex.

1 Like

Rebooted everything, it let me start the restore that time from the Mac, and it got to 100% really quickly and failed. Just said uh oh, somethingā€™s not right.

Go to Setting > General on the iMAC, and click on Disconnectā€¦

Then you should see something like thisā€¦

1 Like

I see. Confused, because when we updated to RoonOS build 253 in earlyaccess in this way, it IIRC only updated that, not the Roon Server (or maybe there was nothing to update ā€¦). Should it normally always update the server as well? Would be handy to know for future support cases :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already have, Iā€™m not connected to the iMac.

Martin, canā€™t see the images, just a white space?

I just logged back in to Roon on the Mac and it greeted me with a message saying I havenā€™t backed up yet, despite doing 3 this evening. Odd.

Iā€™ve reuploaded the images.

1 Like

Thanks. Just to be clear, the rock does not show in that view on my Mac or on my iPad. Only the Mac core shows there and I have disconnected from it on the Mac and the iPad.

oh wait, itā€™s let me connect from the Mac, it hasnā€™t done that before

1 Like

It did in this one of your screenshots, but you said ā€œHowever, if I choose the nuc, it gives me the error I mentioned in post 1ā€ and I still donā€™t know what this error is because I canā€™t see it in post 1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, I think we have lift off, thank you for all the help, it is much appreciated :+1:

4 Likes

Hurray! :clap:

(10 char)

2 Likes

So the error was the Uh oh, somethings not right error. Also there was a force close of the app on both iPad and Mac when trying to connect to the rock or when restoring. Seems to be ok now, I will monitor it and let you know if any further issues. cheers!

2 Likes

Ah ok, this is not necessarily fatal, it might just be that it takes a little bit longer to connect than the remote anticipates. Can happen, not a problem if it does not stay like that. Anyway looking good now

2 Likes

Hey Dave,

Iā€™m glad to hear you got things working. I couldnā€™t even get a relevant response in before Suedkiez or Martin responded!

For now, I will mark this as solved. Please let the group know if something changes.

Wes

2 Likes

I think this is the situation. With Early Access, it may be slightly different, or as you say, you were already on the latest build at the time.

1 Like