BBC internet radio stations no longer play

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

You can upload the logs here: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9gv1L-LVTzf

Thank you!

Ok, I think I have done this

1 Like

Thanks, @Chrislayeruk. We’ll take a look and I’ll follow up soon.

1 Like

@Chrislayeruk — We are looking into this with QNAP, but some QNAP users have found a workaround that seems to work for this here:

Thanks!

Thanks, I followed that as far as I could and loaded the url supplied… but then what? Instructions run out.
What is New Repo?
Looking further, it becomes all Greek to me…

I have now found the QNAP Club but an ssh (putty session) is bewildering to me :joy:

Further progress and I suppose this is how you learn, I have installed ffmpeg 4.3
No idea how to proceed from here

Hi Chris,

I’m not sure how technical you are but it’s relatively simple to fix.

Putty is a freeware program that can be downloaded here… https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

It allows you to connect a secure session (SSH) to your QNAP NAS and run command line instructions.

As well as putty, you will need to know the IP address of your NAS and you may have to enable SSH connections in the QNAP settings.

Thanks
Danny

Thanks, the Putty bit is crucial information to the technical illiterate… Ill have a look again sometime soon.

1 Like

I have putty on my windows laptop but no idea what to type in the command line In order to connect to the QNAP. With my lack of knowledge perhaps I shouldn’t be doing this :joy:

The IP address on its own doesn’t help.

When you run Putty, type in the IP address into the ‘Host Name’ box and click Open.

It should then ask for a user id (“login as”) and then a password - this will be the same user/password you use when you connect to the QNAP server via your web browser. User id will probably be ‘admin’.

Does that work?

Thanks, I get a fatal error. Couldn’t agree a host key algorithm (available)

When you tried to connect, did it ask you to accept the server certificate? If so, then click ‘Yes’.

If not then try this…

Log onto the NAS web interface.

Go into Control Panel, then click on ‘System’, then ‘Network & File Systems’ and then finally ‘Telnet / SSH’.

If the ‘Allow SSH Connections’ box is not ticked, then tick it (port number should be 22) and click ‘Apply’.

Retry Putty again.

Yep, that’s exactly as you describe. I had already enabled this in an earlier instruction. Good to double check though. Port 22 is correct

I appreciate your help here, even if I can’t sort it.

Ok not sure what is going on there.

There is another option… Telnet

If you go back to the same screen where the ‘Allow SSH Connections’ tick box is - just above it, there is another box that says ‘Allow Telnet Connect’. Can you tick it and make a note of the port number next to it. Click Apply.

Next you’ll need to switch on the Telnet feature in Windows. In the Windows search bar, search for and select ‘turn windows features on or off’. Then tick the box next to ‘Telnet Client’ and click Ok.

Next open a windows command window - type ‘cmd’ in the Windows search bar

Then type this… telnet IP-address port-number-from-above

It should then ask you to logon - use the same user id and password

Hopefully you should then get a menu… type Q to quit and Y to confirm.

Let me know if you get that far… fingers crossed!

Thanks again, no luck. It says, could not open connection to the host on port 13131

At what point was that? Did you get as far as it asking for a logon id?

I got to the command window on the laptop. Having turned windows features on

When you typed the ‘telnet’ command, did it ask you for a logon id?

Nope, it replied in the command screen. Exactly as I have written.

If this is going to get complicated I’ll just have to await the fix… I appreciate your help though, it’s all a learning curve for me.

Try again without the words IP or PORT. Just type the numbers only (plus the dots for IP address).

Ahhhh Thank you, that has got me into the nas. Not sure what to select from the menu now