BBC Radio 4 and London "Track failed to load.."

Problem as above “Track failed to load…” Radio 4 went first, followed 2 days later by BBC Radio London. It seems like a recurring issue when I look through the topics for answers.

I am only running a Roon Nucleus as my core.
I run an all Apple system but that shouldn’t have any influence here?

Any solutions very welcome

thanks

Drew

Hello @eco2drew, there are currently two issues concerning BBC tracks, but one concerns UK based people only, and the other is .aac tracks on a QNAP. I don’t think either of these relate to you, but can you play .aac streams in other stations, or the .mp3 stream in the BBC ones?

Have you changed anything in the last few days?

To help #support, can you be clear about just how your kit is setup? Use this link as a guide.

Hello Brian

Thanks for your response, firstly, no I have not changed anything recently. Radio 4 disappeared prior to London if that helps. I haven’t tried other stations, but none of the other streams worked on the London or R4 pages, asI tried all 4 options, but I know 2 don’t work as I am not in the UK.

Drew

Ok, Roon support will be along to help in due course - but it is the weekend, so please be patient.

In the meantime, have you tried the old favourite - rebooting?

Hello Brian

Thanks for your reply, indeed I have rebooted a few times now, all to no avail.

I will wait for support

thanks

I wonder if there is a problem with your codecs.
Can you share a screenshot of the Nucleus Web Administration Interface ?

No problem… how’s this?

Looks fine. Thanks for checking anyway.

Hi @eco2drew,

Can you try playing the MP3 stream from BBC Radio 4 Extra and let me know the time that it fails? We can enable diagnostics and take a look at what’s going on. Thanks!

ello Dylan

Thats for that, interestingly the MP3 on both stations are now playing, they were not before.

I am not sure whether it is because I am in Spain not the UK, as that was an issue before.

I am out working today, but I will give it a thorough test on my return around 4PM GMT+1

Regards

Drew

Hello Dylan

I should point out that it was the MP3 stream that was failing to load NOT the AAC.

Hi @eco2drew,

For the AAC stream it is expected that it won’t work if you’re not in the UK as it is region locked. The MP3 stream should work, and if you see them fail again please let me know the time you see if occur. We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look.

Thanks!

Thanks Dylan, I will indeed let you know if it happens again, as it was the MP3 and the AAC streams that both failed, now the MP3 is back. As you said, the AAC has never worked outside the UK, so I wasn’t expecting that to function.

regards

Drew

I’m a bit confused @eco2drew; the non-320 aac streams should play anywhere in the world. Are you saying those don’t work for you?

hello Brian

Thats correct, the MP3 files play, but none of the AAC files do - I was trying the AAC 128 and that fails

does that make sense?

best

Drew

Thanks, that does make it clearer. We’ll wait for @dylan now.

Hi @eco2drew,

Can you try to play the AAC 128 stream once more and make a note of the time that playback fails? We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look.

Thanks!

Hello Dylan

it simply says it can’t find the stream, as per my first screen shot

I hope that helps?

best

Drew

Hi @eco2drew — Did you try to start it once again, and what time did you do so? With a timestamp we can enable diagnostics and take a look at what Roon was doing during the time the failed playback occurred. It should give us some information that will help us understand the problem a bit better. Thanks!

Hello Dylan

I can do that tomorrow at roughly this time, as I am working away until then.
Hope that’s ok? When you say time stamp, will that come from a screenshot?

Best

Drew