BBC Stations only Fail to Load

Not one single BBC radio station works on either of the 320 or 96 streams.

What happens is that a message eventually appears saying “Playback interrupted because a track failed to load”.

All other non BBC stations that I have tried do work.

The URL on the Roon BBC Radio 3 page is wrong but it does get redirected to BBC Sounds.

Using the Naim app all BBC stations are accessible but this is not convenient as I do not use this app.

Mac OSX 14.3
Roon Server 2.0 (build 1359)
Synology DS916+ DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 5
ADSL2+ connection 80/20
Naim NDX2 Streamer

Looks like the BBC special protocols are not enabled correctly.

Grateful you advise solution.

I’ve moved your request into the main Support category. Hopefully @support can pull some logs from your system to take a closer look at your issue.

From your topic thread in #support:live-radio, you seem to be the only person reporting this issue with BBC stations, that’s why I’ve suggested that your logs be investigated.

1 Like

I played BBC Radio 3 96kbps from Roon successfully.

You need to fix the FFMPEG of Synology. Otherwise you cannot play AAC. There are many threads about this, see:

https://roononnas.org/en/synology-dsm7/

1 Like

The OP has already checked for this by successfully playing CJSW which is aac only.

I have just installed the 3rd party FFMPEG file in the /bin directory and this has solved the BBC reception problem.

Clearly, there is something incompatible with the ROON AAC codec and BBC stations; I say this because I could receive other AAC stations with the ROON codec but not BBC.

Um - the “Roon codec” is the third-party codec referred to by @wklie. If you had not previously installed it, then perhaps Roon was finding some other codec on your NAS, although this seems unlikely.

Anyway, with the codec now successfully installed, I believe we can close this support request.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.