When will Roon be updating Live Radio to accommodate the latest UK BBC protocols so that the BBC radio stations can be received?

When will Roon be updating Live Radio to accommodate the latest UK BBC internet radio protocols, so the BBC radio channels can be received and heard?

I’m based in the Netherlands and I’m listening to BBC Radio 3 at the moment…

Can you say something more about the problem you are encountering?

Streams are fine in the UK too - including the higher rate (320k) ones.

Not one single BBC radio station works on either of the 320 or 96 streams. All other non BBC stations I have tried do work. What happens is that a message eventually appears saying “Playback interrupted because a track failed to load”.
I am Mac based and all software Roon/Apple is the latest. Also, the URL on the BBC Radio 3 page is wrong and gets redirected to BBC Sounds.
All in all it seems to me that some sort of update may be needed somewhere?

Or, just possibly, that it is something in your particular setup that is amiss and needs correcting?

Perhaps you could open a Support request in the Support category and give full details of your Roon and network setup with your issue?

Are you using the Roon database for the BBC stations or using your own URLs?

Like @Geoff_Coupe i have no issues with BBC Radios services.

I’ve even added my own URLs and they also work.

1 Like

Roon database

Installed the eight codecs on your core?
If it’s a nas and the bbc are aacstreams you need to install them

Ok. Let’s check.
@Daniel_Moore , you stated other stations are OK, but to confirm try playing CJSW which is aac only.

Getting back to this, I had thought you were referring to the stream link(s). Are you referring to the BBC website address on the station page? Do you have a better URL?

CJSW works fine.

Yes it is the BBC website address - try: Radio 3 - Listen Live - BBC Sounds

Are you based in the UK? No issues with any BBC stations via Roon for me in London area.

Which is a straightforward redirection from
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3
and so is exactly where Roon’s URL sends you unless you have the app installed. (That browser site actually causes me problems as I don’t have cookies enabled for that site)

Clutching at straws here, but I wonder if your DNS cache on the Synology is ok?

This was resolved here

Closing this thread