Beeps between tracks with Qobuz but not with own files

Thank you Rebeka - a little communication is all I need - to know that you are actively working on it is great - I expected as much but silence does not help. Look forward to hearing more.

If it takes some time that’s OK as long as I am kept informed

Thanks

Hi Ken, in the meantime, could you provide more detail about the beeps themselves?

How loud are they? How long does each beep last? It would also be helpful if you could capture the behavior on video and send it to us, which may help us figure out what’s going on.

Thanks Kevin

The volume of the beeps is irrespective of the playing volume - they are loud enough to be intrusive

The problem is worsening and there can now be 3 or 4 beeps, they last a second or two

I am convinced that it is an interface issue between Roon and Qobuz

It only happens with tracks from Qobuz, tracks from my hard drive or from Tidal are fine

When a track is playing if I queue up a track to play next from Qobuz - there is one beep, as if there has been some communication to line the track up

I will add the video to the sharing service that Dylan previously set up for me

The video is here Ken_Talbot

Thanks for sharing that video, @Ken_Talbot!

We are escalating this to our team’s device expert — They’ll take a look at the video and logs and we’ll follow up as soon as we can.

Thank you for the update Dylan

HI Dylan - any updates please

This really is an annoying problem that is spoiling the music - issue first reported 2.5 week ago

Hi Ken. Does this happen if you reduce the resolution of Qobuz to 16/44.1?

Thanks SMS - but oddly it’s not as loud!

Should have said yes - but it is not as loud

1 Like

It must be incredibly frustrating and I do hope that support can help. The issue also appears to be quite complex as it involves the interfacing between Roon, Qobuz and your Aurlalic Altair.

Correct me if I’m wrong but

1. Roon and Qobuz are working okay when you use a Raspberry Pi and
  2. Qobuz and the Aurlalic Altair are working okay when you don’t use Roon
  3. Roon and the Aurlalic Altair are working okay with local files and Tidal.

Have you tried to reach out to Aurlalic to see if they can shed any light on the matter? The beeps may be indicative of a specific problem (buffering issues? - I’m clutching at straws).

The reason I’m suggesting this is that Roon does appear to have some issues with “timing out” if it doesn’t get a quick enough response when streaming from Qobuz.

1 Like

I have been stopped from replying

Hey @Ken_Talbot – I’d echo @SukieInTheGraveyard’s feedback while I wait to get some more detail from our hardware team. Have you reached out to Auralic yet?

SMS - you are correct - I have paid a lot of money for Roon - I guessed it was their issue to sort out

It very well may be, but it would be a huge help to also get some feedback from Auralic if you haven’t already. In the meantime, I’m going to take this to our hardware team for feedback, and you can expect to hear back from me tomorrow. I apologize that you’ve been waiting this long, I appreciate the patience!

I certainly agree that Roon support should be helping sort out the issue.

I’ve had another idea that might be worth checking out. You could connect a Rasberry Pi to the Aurlalic via a USB connection, thus bypassing the streaming part of the Aurlalic. This would still allow you to use the DAC and preamp and you might avoid the beeps. This isn’t a permanent solution, but might get the thing working.

SMS - brilliant thank you so much, So the theory is that it is the streamer on the Auralic that is a contributing factor. I’ll give it a go - thanks

It may be. If you try and hook it up to an RPi you might be able to isolate the problem. It might not make any difference at all! But nothing ventured nothing gained!

The hardware team at Roon should be able to advise on a longer term solution. The Aurlalic is Roon ready and so should work with all sources, including Qobuz.

1 Like