Best digital ever with Roon Core, bespoke DAC, preamp and streamer?

Twiittering Machines Michael Lavorgna says you can have it all with the Grimm MU2, for ~$18K. And you may add storage for a reasonable cost, too!

Grimm aren’t in the partners list

And the mu1 wasn’t supported and I guess the MU2 isn’t either.

And they fell into the out of date security components suplliers list too.

Quite odd, as the reviewer used Roon in his tests.

No one outside of Roon is really clear it seems on Roon server certification, there used to be a specific stream but now…
Where the end point fits in, I have no idea.

They dropped the core programme years ago now. But it’s no different on the MU1 than running server on a Linux machine. It uses a core i5 nuc for the server part running a linux distro. So it outputs like any instance of Roon server on the hardware it’s installed on, in this case their bespoke upsampling card.

Yeah, it’s the Roon ready end point that isn’t in the support list that intrigues me.

Reviewers get this stuff wrong all the time.

I don’t disagree generally with your statement, but in this case, Michael Lavorgna specifically stated that he used the Roon Radio feature during the MU2 review and was delighted to walk away, only to come back and discover some new music.

They doesn’t make it Roon Ready though does it.

1 Like

True, but it does indicate he was employing Roon, which I gathered you were disputing when I said:

“Quite odd, as the reviewer used Roon in his tests.”

I never contested he was using Roon.

1 Like

Somebody would pay $18,000 for that?

EDIT: My listening room is complete for about $2,000 not counting stuff I already owned or got for free. Of course, if I ever order an $8,500 Eames chair that will be a different story.

2 Likes

I give your minimal listening room two more years to get there :wink:

I have the Grimm MU2. It works just fine with Roon. The sound is excellent.

1 Like