Best linear power supply for Nucleus now?

Loving the Hypsos for the Nucleus+. Just running the stock settings 19 volts and haven’t tried adjusting the voltage.

2 Likes

What kind of improvement did you get compared to the regular power supply?

More punch and clearer transients. Not night and day but noticeable.

4 Likes

Just hooked up the Stack Audio VOLT for Nucleus. UK made PSU for about 400gbp. It is Excellent!

3 Likes

Hi Miguel
Glad you’re pleased with purchase and thanks for sharing I’m looking into doing this too so helpful.
One question if I may - are your Roon endpoints connected through Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB or another connection and which ones benefit most.
Thanks.

1 Like

Gosh, 625 posts for nothing, why should one need a LPS for the Nucleus is beyond me? If you look to mitigate some electric noises via direct USB connection from the Nucleus to your DAC then maybe an USB isolator makes sense.

4 Likes

19V 6A
10KG

1 Like

I’m on ethernet but I would imagine you would get the most benefit if directly connected to your DAC via USB

1 Like

Hi Miguel,
Thanks for response.
The point you make is exactly what I suspected but good to know connections via Ethernet benefit.
Enjoy.

1 Like

I bought the SBooster with my Nucleus. First use was USB from Nucleus to the DAC. So from general knowledge the LPS was beneficial, right? Problems started when I put a Audioquest Jitterbug in between. Did I need to do this? Don,t know but It caused constant recognition problems with Roon . I had to power up and down numerous times. I ended by putting the Nucleus on my LAN (like Roon suggests) with the SBooster for power supply and preferred the sound with the SBooster than the included power supply. Yes I spent the money so I’m going to use it, but there was a moment where I knew, this is better. Each to their own. Happy Listening, all.

2 Likes

Those StackAudio Volts are very well made, a lot VFM, I happen to own a few, the one for the Qutest is very effective too.

2 Likes

I had exactly that set-up and never had issues, so could well be DAC dependent.

I also ended up moving to Ethernet only once I could afford to buy streamers that were Roon Ready.
Still have a couple of Jitterbugs plugged in around the house, but should sell them along with the expensive Audioquest USB cable I used.

2 Likes

So there’s definitely an improvement?

After Checking around I ordered the Stack Audio VOLT for several reasons:

• I live in Japan and the VOLT is rated from 100-120V
  • The VOLT has a 5A max current at 19V
  • It is made in the UK, I am not really sure if that is a good argument but many high-quality brands like DCS or Chord are from the UK
  • The design, if you put the VOLT next to the Nucleus it will still fit nicely into a standard audio rack
  • Currently, the Volt is 472 USD + Shipping which is a great deal cheaper than what KECES was able to offer for a Japan spec LPS.

I guess that it will take a month to get it as they are order made. I will keep everyone posted about my impressions.

5 Likes

I also have a Volt on order, for my Nucleus. I know they have a component shortage at present, They hope to deliver to me, at the beginning of October.

3 Likes

Definitely, Yes,

1 Like

And yet so many people insist it’s not possible…!

1 Like

And this is far from conclusive proof to that it is :wink:

Thanks for pointing that out.
Have you tried the Volt LPSU and if so what was your opinion?

1 Like

Would you want a fancy lps for your laptop or your desktop? If so, does it sound better?

1 Like