Best linear power supply for Nucleus now?

I have a Bonn N8 switch which feeds the Nucleus. From there another cable from the Bonn N8 goes to a Sonore opticalModule (Roon end point) which feeds via fiber optical cables a Sonore opticalRendu. The opticalRendu then feeds via a USB cable a Mytek Brooklyn Dac+. The Mytek is being powered by a Ferrum Hypos lps.

Therefore my Nucleus is acting as a streamer. Some have indicated that adding an LPS (I am considering the Teddy Pardo) will only benefit the Nucleus if it is only directly connected to a dac via a usb cable.

Based on my set up will I see a benefit using an LPS?

A lot to read but this thread should help you with some information.

1 Like

Which model…the sps500 current rating is too low at 19V. You need at least 4.7A @ 19V.

I’m powering my Nucleus with a Keces P8 and am a very happy camper. The Nucleus runs super stable.

3 Likes

Does anyone use a Nucleus+ Farad Super3? Are there any problems?

2 Likes

Running my Nucleus+ revA with a Plixir Elite BDC 19V/4A with Statement DC cable.

Couldn’t be happier.

I have the volt for the Chord Qutest and sounds wonderful. I had an sbooster for the nucleus when I had it plugged directly into the Qutest and could hear the difference. Definitely think it’s system dependent. My home electrical is noisy AF.

1 Like

I actually use a Plixir Elite BDC on my Qutest and it has responded very well to the upgrade, like your experience.

I use a Qutest/M-scaler and a Furman 20 amp line conditioner with digital/analog out that feeds my system. The sound is good but I would like to know if your Plixir is plugged into the wall or do you have something else in front of Plixir. Thanks, John.

Ps. I use lps for my nucleus and LUMIN U1 so I’m a believer.

2 Likes

Speak of the devil, I have mine running into a Furman Elite 20 PFi. However, my Furman is being fed directly by my 5.2kVa Taiyo-Yuden/Xentek/Topaz .001pf isolation transformer.

That Iso xformer and Furman were present the entire time, though. OEM smps → Shanti → Plixir Elite BDC for the Qutest. OEM smps → 200VA 19V/10A R-core LPS (ChiFi) → Plixir Elite BDC 19V/4A for the Nucleus+ revA.

1 Like

You have really taken extra steps to purify your electric supply. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

I found improvements in sound for both the transformer and the Furman.

Also, I used to live in Florida, where lightning strikes and thunderstorms abide.

1 Like

Just got a Hypsos somewhat based on your results. Waiting on the correct power plug as it came with the wrong one.
Wondering your current Hypsos settings for

1. 4 Terminal Sensing (on or off)
  2. Spread Spectrum Mode (on or off)

Thanks

1 Like

Don’t they use a standard IEC cord…most HiFi folks would have something laying around surely.

It’s the power plug DCcable from the Hypsos to the Nucleus

1 Like

ah ic ok right you are

I checked mine. Both are enabled although I’ve never altered it from how it was at delivery so I presume that’s the way it normally is.

1 Like

Thanks Marcus!!

1 Like

Let us know what you think!

1 Like

Not with a Nucleus +, but I have been using a Farad Super3 with a Nucleus for the past 3 months so without any problems.

4 Likes