Best linear power supply for Nucleus now?

I wouldn’t advise using one for a Nucleus+.

Why, can you tell?

It is maximum 2.5 amps current capability. You need to be looking at 3.5 amps to take care of an A variant Nucleus+. Potentially more for a B variant.

5 Likes

Yep, 5 amps is the ideal output for Nucleus+ power supply. This is what my custom LPS was designed to produce.

2 Likes

Without any comment

That’s just trolling. :rofl:

1 Like

Well I compared a few power supplies - and the effects depend on the device powered. So if it’s a streamer, switch, NAS/PC etc.
There certain possibilities to „sound“ meaning adapting the sound to your preferences by choosing what you prefer.
Just can tell the Super3 is an outstanding overall / allround power supply. And you can even improve its performance by using a better power and DC cable.

1 Like

Hi Markus,
As mentioned I am running a Farad Super 3 for the Nucleus Plus, with a Synergestic Research Orange, upgraded power cord by Farad, the level 2 DC copper cable and the Furutech intake connection. Pretty upgraded version :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I now ordered the new Farad 10 as a replacement, with the SR Purple fuse and the rest of the stuff. When it comes in and tested, I will let you know my experiences with it.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing - very much looking forward to hear your impressions of the Super10.

I am running several Super3 (all with SR Purple, Furutech inlet and Level 2 DC cable - in copper and silver) on a Audioquest Niagara 5000.
What really very much contributes to the performance is the power cable used - having AQ Monsoon up to AQ Dragon Source which is exciting to follow.

1 Like

The HDPlex 300W LMPS supplies are in stock in Asia and other locations are coming soon.

3 Likes

1 Like

seems like you are a fan of £10k power supply?

At least he’s let us know he’s the “founder”.

1 Like

I’m amazed and quite amused to read through this thread. And I almost fell in this rabbithole as well. Guess the mechanic is more or less always the same: You read some claims of great sound improvements by this or that, supported by some halfdecent physical bloatwords and you start thinking maybe there is some truth to it ( after all its the lack of proper scientific education tht makes us belief in these claims)
So you buy and invest in a new, revolutionanry sound improving piece of gear, a cable a powersupply, a black esoteric crystal, whatever…
and then you WANT to hear a difference! I mean you just spend a decent amount of money, it better be good!
Otherwise you would have to admit to be fooled. psycological difficult terrain, its way easier to bend reality, double down and claim you indeed do hear an improvement… and here you go down the rabbit hole…

But whatever floats your boat…

In trying to understand the science of digital audio a little better i recently stumbled over this youtube channel and I can only encourage you all to give it a shot:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbqhA-NKGP6B6V_AiS-jbvSzdd7nbwwCw

cheers

oh, and I didnt want to offend anybody here, just expressing my thoughts of the psycological pattern here…
peace

5 Likes

I am surprised about your comment. Even though there are definitely people who just buy products based on a given blog post, news article, social media review etc.
That of course applies to products of various industries.

Though especially in the HiFi area there is absolutely no need to buy a certain product, as in contrast for example to the fashion industry, you just listen to your setup within your room and don’t do posing with your new brand x clothes :smile:

The normal approach to improve anyone’s setup would be to lend / test a product and just decide on your own does it improve things.
It’s very easy. Over the years so many things just got back to the dealer or a friend because there was no difference or too little to justify the price to invest.

And power supply is definitely an area that has a considerable impact on audio performance when choosing the right products.
Again, this is totally up to anyone’s willingness to try things and see what gets the setup to the next level.

1 Like

The PS on a computer with the Core absolutely does not have “definitely” an impact on audio performance of Roon endpoints

5 Likes

Or you just “need” to buy some new stuff, even that you are very happy with the current SQ. This quite common.

1 Like

Maybe a poll is needed?

As useful as “Does my excel spreadsheet become more accurate on a LPS powered computer” :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Whatever you say, it won’t change ‘their’ minds. It would be interesting to see what would be the percentage of these people in this forum.