Best linear power supply for Nucleus now?

Yes many people Donot understand this
They figure a wall wart power supply is good enough , and think about putting in a synergistic research purple fuse another sizable gain in detail.

1 Like

For most devices LPS and the purple fuse are equally useless. But at least LPS may be useful, if the device you plug it in is not well-made. Purple fuse is always useless.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: /10char

1 Like

Do you have any electrical or electronic qualifications to back up this assertion, or are you simply regurgitating audiophile voodoo?

Do you have any idea how thin a fuse wire is compared to the thickness of a mains cable? How can it possibly make a difference to the sound (whilst still retaining its I²R heating requirement to fail at the requisite overload current without burning your house down)? How many of these super dooper magical audiophile fuses actually comply with the regulatory safety requirements in the countries in which they are sold?

4 Likes

Whatever the misunderstood and mysterious “this” is, I’m betting it’s not electrical engineering :wink:

1 Like

You are absolutely correct for the Farad S3, a fantastic upgrade for the standard PSU. I had the same experience.
Since a couple of months I am using the new Farad S10 at my Nucleus Plus.
Since all negative reply of others, doubting the positive improvement of expensive upgrades, I just recommend to get a Farad S10 and try it yourself :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

Not to buy, just to try.

1 Like

Wow you are high roller :grinning:

I plan to try Super 10 one day.

I’m sure it is a very good power supply will take any component plugged into to new heights.

1 Like

Looks like a high roller but I just tried to find out.
Of course I realize the price of the Farad S10 is absolutely not in line with the price of the Nucleus Plus, neither is the Ethernet cable connected between the Melco S100 switch and the Nucleus Plus. This is a Crystal Cable Art Series, DaVinci.
Yes, very expensive but again I tried those and was very happy with the results.
Just my 50 cents and probably good for some negative replies like Snake Oil etc. Fine with me :wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

FWIW, I replaced the stock wall-wart with PWR PSU

…and also added DC iPurifier2

For me, this combination has worked flawlessly over the past 3 years.

1 Like

:wink:
A little late to the show, and to refute your statement once and for all…
:innocent:
Reminded by a more recent post of yours, in REW I finally generated my own 48kHz/24bit/-120dB square wave test signal and was able to (just) pull it into audibility without any sign of accompanying noise with my much cheaper, lowly SMSL M300 MKII DAC via its balanced variable output at the max to my DIY Hypex NC400 FrankenAmp and DIY full-range line-source speakers with their more current measurements starting from here.

And with some classical music, I’m even riding my volume maxed out when listening, so I’ve got the perfect gain structure for my system to make use of all that resolution.

… just sayin’ …

Look at that tiny test signal analysis wiggle at the bottom with the cursor at 1kHz

:hear_with_hearing_aid:
HAPPY LISTENING TO ALL

2 Likes

@Marin_Weigel - Could you share your test file?

THX

Torben

1 Like

Here you go…

2 Likes

Teddy Pardo. Quiet, no noise whatsoever. Beautiful sound, no heat. Just sits there and powers the Nucleus plus. PS, I did not have any perceptible noise with the included PS, this just sounds clearer and deeper to me after a few times of switching back/forth.

1 Like