Best sounding CD ever? Best sounding recordings? Best HiFi albums for audiophiles? Best hi-res albums?

This is pretty good, for a live album. The K2 release sounds great :smiley:

12 Likes

6 Likes

I really enjoyed this album!

The Gift (One Microphone Recording) - Michael Moore, Paul Berner

2 Likes

“Japanese Roots” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This one just sounds so amazing!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Which is why I subscribe to Tidal as well as Qobuz. It’s unfortunate, as of course it doubles the monthly expenditure, but there are a number of albums that are on one but not the other service. One day Spotify, which has everything, will get their hi-def service out the door, but it won’t help us Roonans, as Spotify like Apple is a closed system… life is just not a perfect thing :wink:

2 Likes

One of my favourites is Robert Plant Principle of Movements a great recording and you can hear Phil Collins fills crystal clear.

A great album and good recording

1 Like

I’ve loved listening to
Artist: Angus & Julia Stone
Album: Down the Way

Per Roon, it only gets three stars… Not in my book :)… cheers and… LOVE this thread. Thanks all who write in with their best discoveries.

12 Likes

This was massive here in Oz when released and if anyone rated it less than 4.5 they would have been an outcast.
Ratings and Reviews can be frustrating at times.

1 Like

This is great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have had this album for decades and the combination of sound quality and musical performance keeps me coming back.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Saw him live. With Dennis St John on drums, they brought the house down.

Great live recording. On TIDAL.

Great sound :slight_smile: And a nice package:

DSD 64 Headphone Mix
DSD 64 Speaker Mix
WAV Headphone Mix
WAV Speaker Mix

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638085523155980970

3 Likes

4 Likes

this is a musical jazz album with a very good sound too

6 Likes

I remember being pretty impressed with the quality of this when it came out (1983?).

8 Likes