Bluesound Powernode 2I not appearing under Roon Ready in Settings-Audio

Roon Core Machine

Macbook Pro, 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, RAM - 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 running MAC OS 13.2.1.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear router, On WiFi. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Powernode 2i using WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

7725 tracks

Description of Issue

I cannot see my Bluesound Powernode 2i listed under roon ready devices. I do see it under other network devices. Due to this, it is airplaying my library to the Powernode 2i from my Core on my Macbook Pro.

How can I get my Powernode 2I under the Roon Ready section (I assume it is Roon Ready).

Thanks,
Avinash

Maybe this is related to this known problem with the latest Bluesound firmware update:

I have restarted the Roon core as well as my Mac multiple times. But does not seem to help so far. Thanks.

I had a similar issue to you and wanted to share how I solved it. Last year, I purchased an NAD M10 V2 all-in-one streaming amplifier, which was always Roon-ready and I always upgraded to the latest firmware online. The latest upgrade version is BLUEOS 3.20.45.

A few days ago, I accidentally restored the machine to factory settings, and after rebooting, I encountered the same issue as you: the device only appeared in “other network devices” in AirPlay mode, and disappeared in Roon-ready mode. I contacted technical support from our country’s distributor, but the methods they suggested couldn’t solve the problem.

Finally, I found BLUEOS v.3.20.25 from last year’s web-ftp directory list on NAD’s official website, which is applicable to M10V2. I downloaded and extracted the .img file to a fat32 USB drive and inserted it into the machine to revert to version 3.20.25. After that, the problem was solved, and Roon-ready came back. I then upgraded to the latest version 3.20.45 online, and Roon-ready did not disappear.

Perhaps as Suedkiez mentioned, there are still some issues with Roon-ready in BLUEOS after version 3.20.45 that have not been fixed yet. Restoring to an older version of BLUEOS may solve this problem.

I hope this can help you.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try this out.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.