BluOS devices do not show up via Roon Ready mode after updating to BluOS version 3.20.45 [BluOS team aware]

Ahhh now, I haven’t manually power cycled via the rear mounted switch since the update. I’m thinking I may want to avoid that right now. What a pita for so many people. Blusound needs to get it together, if Roon Support doesn’t need to use its resources maybe this is a good thing. Hopefully it gets rectified quickly.

At least they’ve acknowledged the problem.

1 Like

I got the same reply from NAD where I also opened a ticket :slightly_smiling_face:

But like I said.

FW update → Factory reset (this is the break) - Roon Ready player = Gone

Glad we all did an effort in having their eyes opened for this instead of just passing it on to Roon. I’ve seen som Dali users also having problems. So this is related most likely to all BluOS Roon Ready / Tested players.

Still they don’t want to come out with the legacy FW while they work on fixing the issue. At least they could make the previous version available for USB update. But I guess I just have to use the turntable meanwhile :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy factory resetting people… Nooooo :rofl:

I’m hip now, No power down I’m on a UPS so should be safe. Rasmus you don’t have your local library on a ssd plugged into the M33? That’s one of my backups drives. I’ve used Qobuz via the BluOs as well and it’s great.

Hmm, makes me wonder… I did not restart any of my BluOS devices since the update, maybe that’s why it still works for me?.. I wonder if I should try it with one of the kids’ Flexes, we only use them to stream audiobooks to them at night from Bluesound app, Roon is just icing on the cake for those…

Here’s another reason why I like running my Roon core from a NAS --music librry is just a shared folder on the NAS, which Roon sees as a local drive, but both BluOS devices and the Rose use it as an external library location.

Yes I can use it. I still have the Airplay as well in Roon. It’ll be fine. As long as I know we are not left hanging by the vendor. There… I Jinxed it :grin:

This seems to be the same problem. It is important to point out that it was after the Roon update that it started happening before the new BluOS upgrade was downloaded and installed. In fact I was hoping that the BluOS upgrade may solve the problem but no such luck

Well this wonky stuff has been going on for awhile now. That’s what @Boris_Molodyi was fighting with over a month ago I think it was, with the mdc module reporting to be MDC3 which isn’t even an available part number. Now this major update problem, with this number of users being affected let’s just hope they get all the issues sorted out at once. Mine is still working as of now, I’m not going to shut it off until I have to. Hopefully the update comes before I have to :rofl:

Hopefully they will put out an update in a near future or I will be returning the device and ask for a new replacement device. It’s too expensive a device to not have the availability of the ROON READY feature. This was one of the main points for me as a buyer. Right now the device is not working as promised from the product specs… and it’s not because I used it a wrong way. Hell, just release the old fw and be done with it.

1 Like

Looks like BluOs is taking the credit for this fiasco, but I’ve been stuck in the house rain all day. Reading the forum Seems other brands have similar issues going on. Coincidence?
Obviously some lacking in the beta testing and collaboration between BluOs and Roon. Possibly both sides need to work together, Roon has a stake in this game as well.
Just to confirm mine is still up and running right this second…………:sweat_smile:

Next go be sure you save a copy of the update, can it push back if you present a usb stick with old version? Always did this with Audirvāna after a couple of learning lessons.

It could be a coinidence – we have quite a few reports about BluOS devices acting up here, but I think there was one regarding Cocktail Audio and one about Dynaudio, but not enough to make conclusions about the latter having wide-spread problems with Roon,

Roon Core Machine

Win10pro Version 10.0.19045 build 19045
CPU Intel core i5-7500T, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router AVM Fritzbox 7362SL, wired to Roon via Gigabit LAN

Connected Audio Devices

Dali Sound Hub With BluOS Module NPM-1, BluOS version 3.20.45. Some Others devices Like Squeezebox are OK and working.

Number of Tracks in Library

146.500 tracks

Description of Issue

After Tinkerring to getting Roon Arc running on 07.03.2023 (with No success) I installed a BluOS Upgrade on 08.03.2023 (Version 3.20.45). After restartig the Dali Sound Hub it was no longer visible in Roon Audio Settings ( I had registered it as an exceptional Roon Ready device some years ago and never had any issues since) IT was always listed as uncertified but was working flawlessly,because Roon had decided to leave in running this state.

I checked the Log Files from 07.03 and 08.03 and it seems that Roon tried contacting the Dali Hub multiple times and eventually decided to log it as “unreachable”.

I can Play music on the Hub via Spotify and Tidal (with BluOS App), but even after restarting both the Roonserver and Dali Hub (removed LAN cable and DC) the Dali Hub is not showing up under Audio devices again.

I have saved the log Files from 07.03. and 08.03. I would assume that you (Roon Tech Support) should be able to see what happened …?

Please let me know if I shall provide the log Files and how…

Best regards, Christian

Roon Core Machine

AMD Ryzen 3400 based system. 16GB DDR4. NVME SSD, Win 11 Pro. Dedicated to run ROOM Core APP. System not used for anything else.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon FIOS Router. Netgear GS308 Switches. Bluesound connected via Ethernet but issue is the same if connected via WIFI

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound NODE 2i. Coax into SMSL SU9 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

9798 Local Tracks via NAS, Tidal subscription

Description of Issue

Started getting static when songs played (Both in Roon and BluOS ap), Bluesound Support said there was an available Firmware update. Ran update no change. Performed a Factory Reset on the Bluesound. Static no longer there on BluOS ap. Issue is now the device doesnt show up in Setting > Audio. Nothing to enable. It shows availabve as an airplay device though, but not via ethernet or wireless as a Roon Ready /Endpoint

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-ready-devices-disappeared-after-firmware-update/235892/26

Could be the latest bluos firmware update?

2 Likes

You saw @ged_hickman1 post from BluOs support?

2 Likes

That’s what @Tim_Rhodes posted :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oops……you got extra credit :joy::wink::rofl:

Thank you @Tim_Rhodes , too many people and threads about this meltdown today.

1 Like

Thanks for the info… now we wait i suppose

The Bluesound update I ran was from the BluOS app. Was running on wifi before that no issues. Shortly before the update popped up i was getting horrible static during songs and most previlent when advancing to another song.

1 Like