Bookshelf Speaker recommendations?

I’m looking to spend a little more than that, so that I don’t feel the need to replace them when I upgrade my integrated. Those are actually cheaper in price than what I currently own.

Totem Element Fire V2

Goldenear BRX $1600/pr. The Air Motion Transformer tweeter has nice low-level detail. I have the 3d Array XL soundbar and would recommend it but it needs a sub.

If you’re actually going to use them on a bookshelf (that’s how I read your post) then consider some of the Isoacoustics pucks under them. Well worth the money, they make a difference (I just stuck some under a REL sub tonight and yet again it was beneficial).

I also use the Gaias under the stands on my standmount’s. Which are Graham LS6 - within your price range and just about small enough for a bookshelf. Ish. Or go for one of the LS3/5A variants which are smaller and sound good (I’m told - sad to say I’ve never heard them at home)

That’s over twice my budget. :sweat_smile:

That’s again, like I’ve said a few times in the thread already, the same price point as what I have and I want to future proof. I’m also absolutely not buying a soundbar.

1 Like

No, they’re definitely not going to be on bookshelves. They’ll be on stands so they don’t have to be overly small. I’m just moving away from from floor standing speakers.

then have you looked into Genelec?

2 Likes

Here’s another recommendation for you; Harbeth P3ESR Anniversary. Pint-size Harbeth P3ESR Anniversary flabbergasts with high-end sound - CNET

1 Like

Those might be a bit too near field.

1 Like

No, but from a strictly aesthetic standpoint, I would probably pass on those.

1 Like

You could audition ATC SCM 11, amazing sound for such a small loudspeaker.

The H190 is replaced by an Accuphase E-380, but the SCM 11’s they stay.

Another one for the list. I need to start looking into hi-fi shops in the Twin Cities. Provided I land this job. :sweat_smile:

Happy KEF LS50 Meta owner. I imagine that if paired with one sub or even two, these would turn into completely different animals.

These should also be considered Buchardt S400 MKII – Buchardt Audio

1 Like

Yeah, the LS50 is again, same price range as my current setup and I’m trying to step up. I’m also going to be in an apartment, so I’m not going to annoy my neighbors with a subwoofer. Someone recommended the Buchardts up above. Definitely going to try and test those if I can.

1 Like

Almost forgot, how did you like the H190 with those speakers? An article I just read says you want to be putting out 75wpc for those and the Moon 240i I’m looking at is only 50wpc

You might want to consider the B&W 700 series bookshelves. 705 S2 has the bullet tweeter on top. 706 S2 are priced at little lower with the tweeter in the cabinet. 707 S2 are for smaller rooms. I have the 702 S2 towers with the bullet tweeter on top and they sound good to my ears. Thinking about the 705 or 706 S2’s for sides or back surrounds for my system in the near future.

The Amphion Argon 3S would be my recommendation. USD 2700/pair.

The H190 is a good match with the SCM 11, they need some power to sing :relaxed:
As a bonus, the H190 is Roon Ready, but i sold it before i could test it.

I’ve heard the Hegels are great and detailed at low volumes as well. I may push my budget a little harder to get that H190.