Browse by label

Is there any way to browse via record label? I know you can go to album, then use focus to select a particular label, but is there any way to browse just like you can browse genre, artist, album etc? Would be a great feature.

3 Likes

A great idea. I’ve shifted it to Feature Requests as I don’t believe that capacity currently exists.

I would love to see Tidal content able to be browsed by label.

1 Like

This has already been requested numerous times!!

I believe that this is only for albums you own or are part of your Tidal favorites.

Has this been improved?

Evan, like I said in my original post, I know you can do it that way :slight_smile:

Apologies, I hadn’t read your whole post. Doesn’t bookmarking that view accomplish what you’re after?

Yes, I know my post was so long that most probably wouldn’t read it all :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure which view you mean. I could set a bookmark for each record label, but then I would have hundreds of bookmarks!

I just want to be able to browse via label as easily as I can browse via artist or album. I think there is a lot of untapped potential here. Labels could be presented in a style similar to artists, with a picture and information regarding the label at the top (like with artists), and the albums with that label listed underneath. Or it could be really fancy, and have the sub-labels listed as groups under the main label :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Completely agree, and if I’m not mistaken many others have requested something similar a number of times. Great idea, would love to see it brought to fruition.

1 Like

Would love this feature !

Another thread: Is there a way to favourite a record label?

I’ve just come across this feature in the Qobuz desktop app - not sure if it’s always been there or whether it’s recently been added. This is a fantastic feature for classical listeners who may want to browse a smaller, independent label’s output. In Qobuz, from any album, select the drop down and click “See the Label”. Tried the same from the Qobuz section of Roon but only got albums in the library. How hard would it be to implement this same feature through Roon?

Look here.