BS Node X not certified?

I Have bought a Bluesound Node x. It is Roon Ready but if i want to enable it in de Roon app it’s not certified. I contacted Bluesound and they say it’s a Roon problem.

Please Help

Same exact issue

1 Like

Strange answer. Even if it’s a Roon problem, Bluesound sells it as Roon Ready and if there is an issue they should work it out with Roon. That’s what Roon Ready certification is for

1 Like

DId it ship with 3.20.45 firmware? This version of firmware is known not to have the Roon Ready issue. Saying that Roon have been behind with this stuff many times of late updating their database and docs for new products. So it could be either party.

Roon have often also been behind with updating their certfied products more so of late. So without evidence it could be either party at issue…

It does list it on Roons site I bet they havent updated something at the Roon end.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Version 1.0 (build 258) production - Optimized Core Kit
Intel NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi UDR, Unifi Switch Lite PoE, dedicated VLAN

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound NODE, USB, COAX → McIntosh 8950 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

30 K

Description of Issue

The new Bluesound Node X has the “ROON READY” certification. In Audio Setup it shows up as “uncertified” and can not be enabled.

Any idea ?

regards Reinhard

1 Like

I think Roon forgot to pull the trigger on this one as it’s listed on the partners page as being Roon Ready. They likely need to push something out.

1 Like

In there interest of keeping all information in one place I have consolidated posts into this thread.

Let’s also place a kind flag for the attention of Roon @support.

Same issue contacted Bluesound waiting a response.

Somewhat ironic post on Roon Instagram

Same issue here. Really annoing.

1 Like

I do believe every manufacture blames others and not themselves for their mistakes. It’s a normal practice for manufacturers like blue sound, Microsoft, and other companies who uses 3rd party softwares. that is the best practice to say it’s someone else fault.

I am going to return it and get the just the node and not node x.

@support can we check that the updates to Roons side have been made to accept the Node X as it’s listed as being Roon Ready.

1 Like

Hi @Fokke_Rietkerk. Everyone,

I have identified a problem that would cause this. Please be patient with us while we get this resolved. I don’t have an ETA but we’ll do our best to work with our valued partner and make this as quick and painless as possible.

Kindest regards,
Wes

2 Likes

I called Bluesound up this morning and Bluesound is aware of this issue. They said they are working with Roon to fix the issue we are all having. It’s no one’s fault and no one is blaming one company or the other company for not being certified. The update with be soon, very soon but not sure exact when.

The bluesound is going to be Roon ready, just a little. hickup

Hi all,

Can you please restart your devices and then your cores and give it another go? We have updated something on our side that could resolve this.

Thank you in advance,
Wes

1 Like

cannot wait for the update. Bluesound was extremely nice and understanding on the phone. She said that the company is working with Roon to get this fix. Bluesound Node X is Roon ready and should be certified.
I am not sure who in customer service at Bluesound blamed it on Roon, but both companies are working on this issue.
When I heard that, I was shocked that bluesound will blame Roon for this.
I hear it from much much much bigger companies that blame each other when it comes to software issues.

1 Like

you should find out who said it and get it straighten out. I called bluesound and they said both companies are working to fix this issue and it’s a known issue that both are trying resolve. So it’s not just Roon issues. It’s just a hick up

2 Likes

Edit

It works!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like