Bugs on roon remote

Hi,

Why each time i launch Roon, it scans all my library, can i stop this because it’s take many times, i have 32 000 albums…???

Why does (i have an Iphone 12) the remote reconnect to the roon core every time i switch from one application to another on my iphone: example: i’m on Roon, i switch to gmail, i go back to Roon and the remote reconnects, it’s really annoying, can you fix this?

Thanks.

Will

Hey @Wilfrid_Russodivito I can’t thank you enough for your patience while we worked to respond to your message. Thank you for letting us know of the issues you’re experiencing.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of what you see when Roon re-scans your library? Additionally, it’d be helpful to know more about your setup. Could you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide?

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Regarding the remote reconnecting when switching between applications - this is expected behavior, especially with iOS devices. The Roon remote will need to re-establish a connection with the Core each time that you exit out of the application.

Hi Aslhey,

I haven’t a picture right now but Roon re scan all my library.

My setup :
All my flacs are on Apple Mas Os Sierra Version 10.13.6 (see the picture)

I use my Iphone 12 as a remote and i have a PS-AUDIO DIRECTSTREAM.

After the latest update, i have evry minutes, several disconnections, i’m enough of this…

See this picture : The remote lose always the connectiion :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Wilfrid

Thank you for sharing that information with us - we’re so sorry to hear about the additional disconnections! We’d love to help get this resolved.

Would you be able to share more about your networking setup? How is your Core connected to the network, through WiFi or ethernet? If it’s connected by WiFi, could you please try hardwiring the Core directly to the router and see if the behavior returns?

If this doesn’t help, could you share the model/manufacturer of the router and how everything is connected, including cable types? Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.