Build 234 core not finding audio devices or library

HI.

Since the last upgrade to the Roon core none of my audio devices are found and no music is displayed.

I running my core on Win 10 64 bit pro on an Intel Nuc i3 and never seen these issues before. I have multiple audio devices both wifi and directly connected to the NUC. I use both Apple and Android remotes - all show the core to be in the same state.

Looked at the raat logs and audio devices are being discovered and reported there. Tried to add music back by giving it the path but already has the path to my connected HDD and so just say already exists.

Rolling back to build 233 and its back to normal.

Think you have a dodgy build with 234. Will revert back to 233 and hope that 235 fixes these major issues.

Sorry. Correction. It’s Roon server build 234. I had to move to Roon build 223 for it to work. One other fact was that on upgrade to core 234 I had the message that Roon had to modify my library but on the three times I attempted upgrade it has always gone into an error state after 1 minute or so.

Hope that helps

D

Hey @Dezzy – sorry for the trouble here.

Well, it’s possible but with many thousands of people running the latest release without issue, the more likely scenario here is that something about your environment is different from others who aren’t having any issues, or that something went wrong when your database was updated to the latest version.

Another possibility is that something has changed in your environment, like firewall exceptions or network configuration.

Can you explain how you did this?

Downgrades are generally not tested by our team, and can cause database integrity issues – as a general rule, we strongly advise against downgrading, since it can corrupt your database in some cases.

If you have a backup from before the downgrade this should be fine, but the first step to troubleshooting this would be to provide us the details of your network, storage devices, and firewall settings as described here. Then we can recommend some next steps.

You may also want to restore a backup from before the update to 234, then update to the latest version again, and provide us some logs, as described here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Mike

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.

I had to delete my library and reinstall and re-import to get things working again. I figure it must have been a corrupt library as the updater always failed on the part where it says something along the lines of “Roon is updating your library…” It would stop after a few seconds with an error.

So, all working fine now. But just wondered if you had any error checks on the library that Roon does before an update etc. Prior to last update all was apparently working fine so I had no way of knowing that my library had issues and to replace with a backup copy.

PS. Thanks for fixing AirPlay in this build, finally have volume control on my NAD Visio.

D