Build 416 Search Performance Feedback

Yup, in addition to fixing some generalized performance issues in the last release, we also wanted to make sure we were properly logging performance here, so we’d be able to clearly understand where any future search slowness was coming from.

We’re glad that search is faster for a number of users since our most recent update, but having looked at the numbers, I want to be clear that we understand why a number of you are not happy with the current performance of search – we’re not either.

There are some infrastructure changes coming that we know will make search faster, and those changes are getting closer every day, but in the meantime I wanted to let everyone know that we’ve put a developer on search performance to ensure we know exactly where things are getting bogged down. These improvements should be rolling out soon, but I wanted to be clear that this feedback isn’t being ignored, and we have people working on this as we speak.

Also, just to be clear, none of what I’ve said here relates to searches that repeatedly take 15 seconds or more – if you are seeing that on a regular basis and you’re running a properly spec’d Core, we’d like to hear from you.

Thanks everyone – we appreciate the feedback here, and look forward to releasing some search performance improvements soon.

7 Likes