Build 521 - Not working after latest upgrade

Yesterday 2/20/2020 got software upgrade notifications for by my computer that I pretty much running as a remove. Have NUC with Rock and a Meridian Explorer off it for a Core. Upgraded my computer first. Now when I open it it just a blank white screen. This is a Windows 7 machine. I delayed upgrading the Core was going to do it as I left for work. Core is Still working and can use it with my Android device. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same.

Should I have upgraded the Core first then the Windows machine? Afraid to reboot the core and have problems there too.

I guess your pc is a remote, if so try removing Roon via Windows control panel, software and programs and then download it again and reinstall it, unless this is what you did have already done?

Yes acting as a remote. Was the core until about two weeks ago when I got the NUC with Rock Core running. Seems to be a Window 7 issue installed,on a Win 10 laptop and is working fine. I uninstalled from the control panel and reinstalled. Same issue. After rebooting the core I did see some unlabled buttons and a Roon Icon, but pressed them and it went to a complete white screen. Was’t quite planning on upgrading this computer, but looks like I may have to, or brake down a finally buy a new hardware.

It may be related to some old graphics cards. There are a few posts in Support about screen issues in what appear to be older computers with certain graphics cards.
I’m going to move your post over to Support. They will want to know what graphics card you have in that PC.

I’m having the same issue. The program runs, but most screens are blank. This is a major issue to me. I’m running windows 10, graphics card is on board MoBo

Hi @Michael_Williams/@Kevin_Dufresne ,

Is there any change in behavior if you try the 32-bit version of Roon?
Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?

I’m running HDMI mother board on board graphics, ATI Radeon HD 4290. The driver is up to date. It’s got a lot of settings that I haven’t played with. Before the update when I opened Roon it would give me a message saying that my size was wrong and would have to Maximize or go full screen. Maximize wouldn’t do anything, but if I went full screen it would work fine. It was bothersome, but at least it was usable.

More info. I’m running the HD setting at 720p to a LED TV as monitor. If I change to settings to Basic, I no longer get the blank white screen which I think is the screen asking me to to maximize or go full screen. In basic I see the basic Roon screen, but no text. Some some graphic and link seem to work, but no text. I wouldn’t mind getting a cheap add on graphic card, but would like to get known one that works.

Additionally. If I use the standard PC video from the motherboard, still same thing. No text, no graphics.

Uninstalled 64 bit and installed the 32 bit. Same thing.

Hi @Michael_Williams,

Thanks for giving 32-bit a try and for the additional info. Can I please request a screenshot of the behavior you’re seeing in Roon?

Additionally, can you please upload a set of logs from your affected PC by using these instructions?

The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com but if you don’t have any of these services, I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Three screen shots and log folder uploaded to Google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EwDED8me-qfnhzzhgkokrJTE1jNjed5V

1 Like

Hello @Michael_Williams,

Thank you for uploading the screenshots + logs, I can confirm I was able to properly receive them. We are aware of a few reports surrounding this behavior and I have added your report to the ongoing investigation. I appreciate your patience while we look into this further!

Is there an estimate as to when this will be fixed? Is where a work around, where I can load the previous version and not update to the latest? If not ,is this a video card compatibility issue? If so can Roon recommend a type of video card that will work

Hi @Michael_Williams,

As per policy, we cannot provide estimates of when new releases will be published. We are working on this issue along with a few other UI fixes, and once these fixes are completed and pass the QA verification checks, the new build will be published.

Downgrading versions of Roon is not supported for the reasons listed on the article.

For any updates regarding this issue, please see the following thread:

Thank you for your patience here!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This does appear to have fixed my problem. Thank you support team!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.