Build 521 Update - Issues Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1

Apparently not everyone is interested in Roon (Ruin) goal of pushing the graphics capabilities forward, especially when it gets to the point of making devices unworkable. If we were so worried about having the latest greatest, I know, at least in my case, I wouldn’t be using a 5 or 6 year old device as remote control. I’m guessing all most want is basic functionality, that’s reliable and does what we want in a remote.
I’m sure there are others that do want the latest greatest devices and the graphics to go with it.

It appears that Ruin has come to the point where pushing the graphics capabilities further has reached a major crossroads; where further advances appear to have “broken” Roon Remote on some older devices. Again, as has been asked repeatedly, why not simply allow users that wish, to downgrade Roon Remote to build 5.11? This gives us back the same functionality we had with Roon Remote prior to the release of Build 5.21 while allowing Roon to continue trying finding a solution to this problem without upsetting and inconveniencing so many of their users. Then, in the future, we can choose whether or not to upgrade to the next builds as they’re released, while in the meantime we continue to have functioning Roon and devices.

After over 2 weeks, this unwillingness on Roon’s part to make this simple concession seems beyond unreasonable. We get that the main Core and Server software may not be downgradable (and even that I don’t see being an issue other than possibly having to rebuild the database just as in a clean install), but there’s no issues at all running Roon Remote build 5.11 with Core/Server build 5.21. It’s beyond me how a company in this situation could be so blind or ignorant to the issues they’ve caused their paying customers.

As an aside, I notice Build 5.21 remains available for download from Play Store with no kind of warning that there are currently major issues with the release. Pretty irresponsible I think when you know it’s broken.