Build 521 update - Sony tablet Android 6.0.1 unresponsive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Audiodata MSII, W7, build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritz Box, Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 220, USB

Description Of Issue

Exact the same as @Dave_Kitson.

Sony Android tablet (Android 6.0.1) hangs / unuseable after 521 update.
Reeboot, uninstall, install nothing works.

A Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android 8.1.0) works fine, also my W10 Notebook.

Thanks

Hi @Harald_Mauthner,
Many thanks for all the details, yes it seems that Roon is having problems running on certain Android devices, whilst others or fine.
I know Roon’s @support team and their dev’s are on the case.
Fingers crossed for a switch resolution.

1 Like

Hi @Harald_Mauthner,

Thank you for the additional report. We are aware of this behavior and will be posting status updates in the following thread:

We appreciate your patience during this ongoing investigation!

Same here with a Sony tablet. Any idea when this is being resolved? Is the Roon team still thinking that a roll back to a previous version is not a useful feature? J River looks tempting again.

Hi @Gabriel,

We’re currently working on this issue, but as per policy, we do not share timelines of when new builds are expected to be released.

All I can say is that we have been able to reproduce in the QA lab, the devs are aware and there are some changes coming in a new Roon release that should help address this behavior.

Thanks for your patience here.

@noris Thank you for your response. As you can see there are a lot of users depending on older hardware to control Roon, even though Google isn’t supporting these devices anymore. Then it’s nice to here your team is trying to resolve this.

2 Likes

Same here!

My Sony Experia Z3 compact tablet (SGP612) doesn’t work any more with build 521, but what’s even worse for me is that my Windows 10 (build 1909) doesn’t work either!

So I have no proper remote controls any more, Build 511 on the remotes worked perfectly with the build 521, but the support refuses as a policy to make the build 511 available as a rollback solution.

I’ve learned my lesson and will keep installers for every build so I can rollback myself or I will switch back to my Euphony Stylus 3.0 player instead of Roon. Euphony is really great and sounds better than the Roon, but I use Roon for the multi room feature, but if the issues keeps going on I will scrap Roon. Unfortunately I recently renewed the Roon subscription.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

It does! Thank you @dylan for your investigation and solution on this matter and all the energy being put in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.