Build 778 database error

Building 778 triggers the database error message. Everything goes back to normal after downgrading to previous build (764). How do I know whether the issue is with the build or the database?

The only way I know to check the integrity of the database is to restore from it. If it works, the database is probably OK. If the restore fails then there’s most likely an issue.

Precisely: restoration works fine with build 764 and triggers an error with the latest build (778). Your test is therefore inconclusive.

In which case I think we need to flag @support. Hopefully they’ll be able to take a look and sort it out for you.

Hello @BENOIT_MACHUEL, I’ve moved your problem to its own #support thread. Roon support will be along to help but in the meantime could you provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware

Hello @BENOIT_MACHUEL ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can we please ask that you reproduce the issue on the latest build of Roon and then use these instructions to send us a set of logs for review? Thanks!

Thanks Noris,

Please find a link to the log files here:

The last 2 should be
– Log from unsuccessful upgrade to latest build (783)
– Log from successful downgrade to build 764

Best regards,

Benoît Machuel

1 Like

Hi @BENOIT_MACHUEL ,

Thanks for sending these logs over, I am seeing an interesting error here I would like to clarify with the team, let me do this and I’ll get back to you once I have their feedback!

Noted, thanks.

Hi @BENOIT_MACHUEL,

Thank you for your patience here while I checked with the team on this one. To best proceed with troubleshooting here, can you please set up a completely fresh Roon database, restore from one of your backups and let us know the results?

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore the previous backup on new install
  • If same issue occurs, please send a new log set for review

Thank you.

The same issue occurs. Please find the log files at the following URL:

1 Like

Thank you for sending these logs over @BENOIT_MACHUEL , let me check with the team and get back to you once I have their completed analysis!

This conversation was continued via private message.