Build 88 Add To Library Not Working Properly

I’m in the UK to @ncpl and having the issues

Cleared cache- problem with Beatles albums continues. Will not load as favorites in Roon. Will
correctly save as favorites directly within Tidal, but not appear within Roon as favorites.
Tried to load five (5) new albums randomly selected- all added successfully.
MacBook Pro/ OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Ok…the interesting thing here is that if you view all Massive Attack albums in Roon’s Tidal page then Heligoland is not listed. If you view it via “other albums” then it is (I have the CD ripped here)

I suspect this is somehow related to whether the album adds to library or not. I also cannot add the Tidal copy. My guess is something about the database rather than a bug in the installed Roon app.

@jeremiah, @mike
Something for you to check out.

Edit…if you use the Tidal app and favourite this album then it does add to Roon. I actually use the Tidal app to preview albums on my iPad. If I like them I use fave then they are in Roon for later.

1 Like

Thanks !
tried it and worked perfectly.

Make sure you get the 14 track version :+1:

2 Likes

I was able to fix The Beatles “Add To Library” issue. Though your experience may differ, here’s what
I discovered:

1. There was a documented issue with Roon not getting updated Tidal feed when Beatles were first available.
  2. During that time, I added The Beatles albums to Tidal in the hope they would properly migrate and appear as New Albums/Added To Library when Roon’s Tidal feed was updated.
  3. Once Roon was able to have Beatles albums “available for streaming”, I was able to stream the albums, but they did not populate as favorites that I previously saved directly on Tidal- nor could I
    Add to Library in Roon. When I selected “Add to Library” in Roon- nothing happened.

THE FIX:
I opened Tidal directly and removed all The Beatles albums I had previously added during the time Roon was having the Tidal feed issue. Then I opened Roon, searched for The Beatles, and tried once again to “Add To Library”. IT WORKED! Each album was successfully added to my library (sometimes VERY SLOWLY- but successfully).
I then verified that the albums were all added, closed and reopened Roon to verify they were retained.
They were. Finally, I opened Tidal and verify the albums added within Roon were shown as recently added favorites. Again, they were.
Problem solved. This may work for some of you with the same issue- I hope so…

1 Like

crummwoody fix worked for me except one of their albums thanks

Can everyone who’s had problems confirm which of the following describes what you’re seeing when you click Add To Library on an album details screen:

• You immediately get a spinner in the top-right, but the screen never updates to show the album in your collection (meaning, the Add To Library button becomes Focus On Similar) and the album never shows up in the Album browser

• You never get a spinner in the top-right, the screen never updates to show the album in your collection and the album never shows up in the Album browser

• You get a spinner in the top-right, but the screen never updates to show the album in your collection. The album does show up in the Album browser

Let me know which one matches your experience guys – we’re still investigating this one but this information will help quite a bit.

It would also be good to know what kind of delays you’re seeing between when you click add, see a spinner, see the album screen update to reflect the added album, and see the album in the album browser.

Thanks in advance for your help @joe_viola @crummwoody @stevev1 @Wayne_Bull1 @rasmussenmorten @AndersVinberg @RBM @Krutsch

Hi Mike,
In my case I SOMETIMES have the second. with the Massive Attack album above clicking the add to library does nothng at all… I could click that button all day but the screen would not change…no spinner

Steve

Option 2, with a twist.
No spinner, no indication on the screen, album doesn’t show up in the library album browser.
EXCEPT after a long time (listening to at least one album) the Beatles albums did show up in the browser.

This was only for the Beatles, for other albums Add to Library works.
Except, as I have documented, the set of albums for an artist is different in Roon and Tidal, and either app may show more, but that’s a different issue.

Option 2 for me @mike

Hi there - my problem seem limited. Most records now work quickly when I press add to library. But once in a while I find a record where there is no reaction at all and it is not added at all. The Beatles were like that in the beginning but now they work. But take for example the record by Citybois, What Bois about to do - I cannot add that album !

Option 3 for me. After manually identifying the album from the album browser the spinner stops and the screen updates to “Focus on Similar”.

Hi Mike,

As mentioned in an earlier post, the below was my experience:

Thanks,
Rob

no problem now after crummwoody fix.

For me, it’s the case above in quotes. I was able to resolve the issue, however.

In my case, I was trying to add The Beatles “Let It Be” by first going into the Tidal app, adding it to my favorites and expecting it to show up in my recently added list.

When the album didn’t appear, I searched for it within Roon and tried to add it from there, which where the symptom in quotes appears.

Finally, I went back into Tidal, removed the album from my favorites and repeated the search/add within Roon. Then, the album added to my collection.

Hope that helps…

The “never get a spinner” option most closely describes the issue I’ve had with Add To Library.

I don’t think this problem started with Build 88. It’s been intermittent since the beginning of my usage with Roon last spring 2015.

When it worked - which was most of the time - I could add album after album. But often enough it would fail to generate the spinning circle and nothing happened.

My workaround was to use the Tidal app to “Favorite” albums. This was especially helpful with new releases that weren’t yet in Roon’s database. Eventually the albums would appear in my Roon library and followed the chronological order of my adding them.

Hope this info is helpful.

Tom

This is pretty much how I get around the problem

I have just started getting this problem too. My situation seems slightly different.

When I try to add and album from Tidal to my library I immediately get the spinner in the top right of the screen. This never goes away now. If I go back to Overview and the Album view the album has been added but artwork or metadata beyond album title, album artist and track title is not added.

I have tried deleting the tidal cache no change. I have tried deleting the Albums and adding them on Tidal, still the same.

The only fix I have found so far is to edit and identify the Album manual, the Metadata is then populated OK. However the spinner still spins and clicking on it still tells me it is adding music to library and that X of X tracks were added but 0 were identified.

Frustrating as this has been working fine until today.

I am having the same problem as philr.