Build 88 Add To Library Not Working Properly

The symptoms I’m seeing when adding an album from Tidal are:

• spinner appears in top right corner
  • album appears on overview pages with generic artwork
  • spinner status in pop-up window never moves from “Adding Music To Library”

If you go to the overview window you can manually identify the album, which fixes the cover art, but the spinner status still stays unchanged and stuck at “Adding Music To Library”

If you delete the album then the spinner clears.

Adding the album as a favourite in Tidal does not fix the problem for me. The symptoms are the same as if added within Roon - the album appears on the Overview page with generic artwork and the spinner status is stuck at “Adding Music to Library”.

Configuration is:

• Windows 7
  • Roon 1.1 (Build 88)

Perhaps the same problem:

I have this issue. Thanks for your hard work.

New install:
Option 3: You get a spinner in the top-right, but the screen never updates to show the album in your collection. The album does show up in the Album browser

Tried removing, adding stop, restarting, nothing works.

I upgraded to Build 88 and then switched to 64-Bit (on both RoonServer and Roon client, I am getting the spinning circle, when I view the status I get the following “Of 295 tracks, 295 added, 0 identified”

This has been going on for hours.

Hi,

You could try the ‘ago old’ switching it off and on again approach … it’s been known to help.
If that does not work then @Mike will most likely contact you to get some support logs.

I assume all was well before you upgraded.
What device / OS are you running Roon on?

I have the same. Must be a server issue.

@vova, @mike,
One for you guys…

1 Like

Hi Nick, that’s good info … it will save many chasing their tails.

I’m having the same issue.

The identical issue is happening to me. I shut down Roon and the Mac and when it came back on the spinning circle is still there saying: of 114 tracks, 114 added, 0 identified.

In addition to th issue above, non of the songs I have listed to in the last 3 hours have shown up in history.

I have a similar issue. It was working fine until I added 2 albums from Tidal to my library.

“Oasis - Familiar to Millions”
“Oasis - What’s the story morning glory”

Roon can’t identify the albums (no tag, no album cover) and if I try to delete it i have the “track not found” error.

The import screen is stuck in “Adding to Music library” as described above.

Hope it helps investigating the issue.

Same issue here.

Things I add either from Tidal or from my local drive are added but not identified (example: Adding Music to Library - Of 61 tracks, 61 added, 0 identified) and the spinning circle is getting a good workout.

Thanks guys.

Similar issue. Roon is unable to identify the 5 albums I just added. The spinner keeps going.

Something’s up. Roonies have been notified. Salvation will be soon.

Having the same issue. It seems that Roon does not even show the albums or tracks it is unable to identify :confused: Quite annoying as my trial period just ended and I signed up for paid

Exact same issue Here.

Add me to the list. 583 tracks… In my case chances are that it is stuck because there is no info available for these albums. They are all bootlegs.

Also notice that unidentified albums do not get the hyperlink “unidentified” added. You can identify them by using the pencil, just wanted to mention it. They do show up as unidentified in the inspector. Maybe this is related.

Same here…

Same here, added albums are not identified. Continuously spinning. Manual identification works fine.