Build 88 Add To Library Not Working Properly

Have the same problem, but now with respect to my complete music collection, since I tried to deinstall and then cleanly reinstall RoonServer, so that I currently have no meta data at all!

The supply of meta data stopped at some point of time. I noticed it when I added some Tidal albums and some newly ripped albums to my library. Before this everything was fine with ROON Version 1.1 (build 88) stable (64bit)-

Me too, no change to installation, files added yesterday were fine but added some more today and it’s not identifying them.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem today. I was ripping my old CDs over the holidays and for the last few days it was working fine, till today. The spinner kept going for hours and kept showing 0 identified. Despite my effort identifying the albums manually, the spinner still goes on and still indicate 0 identified.

1 Like

Perhaps the same problem:

Thanks @MacMusic, Yes manually identify for each album fixed the issue, although I do still have the spinning icon even though the albums in question are now identified.

Yes - Manual works here. I am able to repeat this issue. Continuous “Adding Music to Library” with no progress to matching files.

same here, made a new install, after a lot of imports failed. Albums were imported in an erratic way, partly, split in false albums, only two tracks etc. The metadata were correct and checked x-times. But “stuck in adding music to library”:

1 Like

Sadly i got the same problem as @docmart.
Setup roon on a surface pro 4 to manage my library and got stuck at “Adding Music To Libray” for the better part of the day.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind hearing from someone at Roon to know that they are aware and working on fixing the issues. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes would be nice. They can post about vague developments with Auralic but nothing on an issue many of us have been experiencing for over 24 hours now without an word from them. Have they all gone awol at CES :wink: They are normally very responsive.

I got stuck in this mode and thought I would be clever by restoring my Library/RoonServer folder to an earlier version. Now, the Roon Remote on my laptop is treating this as a new install and making me log into Roon and Tidal.

That’s fine, except it crashes after the Essentials question (which I’ve learned to uncheck all of them, else I get a pile of ridiculous albums added to my Tidal favorites).

I’m finished with Roon. Between these bugs, along with the insane playback interaction model, I can’t take it anymore.

Sorry, I think you guys are trying real hard and have a great vision, but I am spending too much time not 'Enjoying The Music.'d

Why is it that Roon is ‘adding music to library’ for hours, probably since I asked to add a Tidal album to my library?
The message further says ‘Of 5 tracks, 5 added, 0 identified’.
How can I stop this processor activity?
Johan

There is another topic on this that many people including myself have been having for the past 24 hours and the fact no one from Roon has responded at all makes me think this is a major issue happening at the moment.

Thanks for letting me know.

Topics merged, so the history is all in one place.

This sounds exactly like the situation they were having with the servers back in November. I suggest we be patient.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Remember folks…it is new year weekend. People take vacations…not just the Roon team but the companies that run web servers etc. Help desks will be scarcely staffed.

Patience is required.

Agreed, but when you hear absolutely nothing from any of the Roon guys, it’s a little bothersome.

Glad to know its not just me, I guess I can stop trying to debug my new dedicated Roon server for now. I was beginning to think it was a windows issue.

Having the same problem here :frowning: This is my very first use of Roon…been using JRiver for a few years and while it’s not perfect, bugs of this sort get the highest level support ASAP…kinda disappointed at the attention Roon staff are giving this issue. If this is not resolved soon, I will most definitely not be converting my trial into a full license. </end of gripe>

I see repeated “network failure” messages in the logs.…it is definitely not my network, I am online, son is streaming Netflix…no probs at all. This is a sample of what I see in the logs

01/02 14:58:26 Trace: [identification] <559> Identifying album [Adele - 19] with 12 tracks
01/02 14:58:26 Debug: [metadata http post req]: https://metadata5.sooloos.com/identifier/2/album?uid=75ae0ebe-b22e-4e3d-9797-2d5e3176d16e&lid=&token=ab65e8a2-525d-4805-9222-65ccb7a560d0
01/02 14:58:26 Debug: [identification] <559> identifier request id: 7f8f8e0b
01/02 14:58:26 Debug: [identification] <559> status: NetworkFailure
01/02 14:58:26 Warn: [identification] requeueing album that failed due to network (identifyalbum)
01/02 14:58:27 Debug: [prebuffer] status 441000/441000 (100%) @ 48/220 sec
01/02 14:58:29 Debug: UI-NAV: queue
01/02 14:58:33 Debug: [prebuffer] status 441000/441000 (100%) @ 53/220 sec
01/02 14:58:36 Debug: UI-BACK: mode: home
01/02 14:58:38 Debug: [prebuffer] status 441000/441000 (100%) @ 58/220 sec
01/02 14:58:39 Info: [stats] 3374mb Virtual, 642mb Physical, 121mb Managed, 36 Threads, 91 FDs (56 REG, 10 IPv4, 7 PIPE, 6 DIR, 5 KQUEUE, 4 CHR, 1 systm, 1 unix, 1 FIFO)