Build 88 Feedback thread

ENORMOUS piece of work. From the end user perspective, this seems like a MAJOR update. Just in time for the holidays too.

Thanks! :+1:

Thanks for this update. I will try now my old squeezebox. Is it right that the remote version (iOS) is still build 69?

You could try 127.0.0.1 as well that’s ip address of localhost.

Hi,
Just to say that the difference in sound with HQPlayer is beyond my expectations!
I confirm that build 88 server 64 bit + HQPlayer is working well on my Windows server essentials 2012 R2 + AO Minimal server mode + Fidelizer + Proccess Laso

Excellent job guys - Thank you!!

Build 88 is not working for me at all!!
I’ve started a separate thread Build 88 - No sound at all! caution if you’re running on Mac!

Doesn’t look like Squeezelite is bit perfect. It shows up as Networked, the same as airplay. It looks like it’s limited to 48k. If someone has figured out how to make it bit perfect that would be great.

David - they’ve made it real clear
 Squeezelite is not supported. I’m running it myself, and the Squeezebox support is only beta at present anyway. So maybe any such problem will clear up over time.

For me, running squeezelite as part of picoreplayer on a raspberry pi, shows up lossless and high res.

Seems I am not the only happy camper out there :smile:

It sounds like you may have SqueezeLite set to run on top of the OS mixer instead of an hw:* device.

I’m sure someone more versed in SqueezeLite details would know the right command line arguments to fix this

[quote=“pieterdvr, post:22, topic:5952, full:true”]Is it right that the remote version (iOS) is still build 69?
[/quote]It’s coming, see Roon iPad Version 88 – Awaiting Apple Approval

Great update, lots of hard work. I like the new expanding info section, rather than it opening in a separate box where the user would lose their place! Mainly looking forward now to improved metadata editing capabilities, improved sorting abilities (e.g. separate artist’s items into albums, singles & EPs, bootlegs, compilations, etc) and better album art & liner notes handling!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Don’t default volume to 100

The garbled font problem has disappeared with the 64 bit version.

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Thanks. I was able to figure it out. I had to select another output from the squeezelite settings. I’m using a Devialet and “iec958:CARD=D20,DEV=0” allowed all sample rates.

I then couldn’t get DSD working but it was because I was using the iPad app. When I switched to the mac app I saw the gears icon and could select DSD over DoP.

It’s all working now and sounding great. Thanks for all the hard work.

Looking forward to Roon Ready devices and Roonspeaker for the Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

Looking forward to better tagging for classical music

As others have reported, it does work at high res., even into Squeezelite. One thing you need to be careful to do is to disable any ShairTunes plugins you might have running on your instance of LMS. At first, I was trying to connect to SlimProto clients that were also advertising themselves as AirPlay compatible end-points, which didn’t work too well. Hence the need to uncheck the box as shown below, or stop LMS running altogether.

After doing this, I was able to get to the following state rather easily:

Also, it sounds amazing!

Charles.

1 Like

Very happy with my initial experience here. I wasn’t sure I was going to keep my subscription until I tried this build. Now, I am!

I am particularly happy that Squeezebox streaming is working so well on its first (beta) outing.

Nice work, indeed! Much appreciated here. Happy and restful holidays to the team.

Charles.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Build 88 - HQPlayer seems to be unstable