Build 931 crashing on iPhone Max 13 running iOS 15.4

Private relay is off on my iPhone 13 PRO Max and still crashing when in the app.

Hey @Jeff_Nelson,

Thank you for the update, has installing Build 931 on your Phone helped at all?

No it hasn’t. Crashed 3 times today all playing Qobuz tracks.

Interesting that I can load iOS 15.3.1 and it’s solid. Update to 15.4 and that’s where things go wrong. Uninstalling and rebooting and re installing only last for a while then it starts again.

Just uploaded logs. Last crash moments ago.

Hi @Jeff_Nelson ,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. The next step is to get logs from your remote devices so we can take a closer look at the problem. I know that you uploaded a log set on April 4th but that predates Build 931. A fresh set would help a lot.

These Steps will help you do that:

On the iOS device:

Quit or terminate Roon

Go to System Settings on your iPad and iPhone

Scroll down until you see Roon

Tap on it

Turn on “Save logs to Files on next start up” see screenshot below

Launch Roon

Open Files app on your device

Go to “On this iPad/iPhone”

There will be a Roon folder and inside of it there will be a tgz file (see screenshot below)

Upload the tgz file from your iPhone here. Thanks!

Thanks @Jeff_Nelson

Much appreciated! We’ll take a look. Please keep your updates relegated to this thread. Thanks!

Thanks. I always see a lot of these when it crashes

04/15 12:58:54 Error: [RAATServer] [discovery] error sending response: operation canceled
04/15 12:58:54 Error: [RAATServer] [discovery] error sending response: operation canceled

I’ve had similar issues and it was giving me the exact same errors. Strangely enough a reboot of the iPhone fixed it for me. Worth a try?

It’ll only last for a while. Then it’ll be back.

You’re absolutely right. For giggles I installed Roon on iOS again (as I’m not really using my phone for it). And as expected, the issues are there again.

@jamie seems to be the exact same problem as Roon remote still crashes on iOS with Build 923. Unfortunately can’t reopen the thread because it’s closed. But FYI, it’s still happening for me.

Hey @Jeff_Nelson,

Were you playing to your iOS device when those errors occurred? Do you remember?

Let’s try a RAATServer refresh. You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Please let me know if this helps.

I only use my iPhone. Yes. I’ve done as you asked. Will monitor.

Nope. No effect. Did what you said. Lasted about an hour then while viewing a Qobuz playlist queue the app closed. Re- opened and closed again approximately 10 sec later.

@jamie How about some love to the users that are still experiencing this issue? Do you have a follow up for us?

Hi @Nepherte,

I’m sorry that you’re still having a problem with this. Did you try the steps I mentioned above?

I believe you’ve already tried uninstalling the app, restarting your phone, then reinstalling. But, if not, please give that a try.

Yup. I’ve tried all of that. Restarting does fix the issue temporarily. Only for it to come back after a while.

Tried all of that. No success.

I was not playing to my iPhone. Only to the Raat device. An Aavik S-280

Hi @Jeff_Nelson ,

It sounds like a factory reset helped with this issue, which is interesting:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/endless-parade-of-crashes-on-ios/195256/33?u=noris

I’ll mark this one as solved, but if you see the issue re-occur do let us know.