Build 943: "Playlist Links" no longer showing for my Imported Playlists

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS918+, Intel Celeron J3455, 8GB RAM. Not running anything other than the basic DSM install, Audio Station and Roon on the NAS.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

pfSense+ Router/Gateway; Cisco Catalyst 2960G 24-port switch; Cat 6 Ethernet (professionally installed, terminated, tested); 2x Netgear WAX218 access points.

DS918+ is 802.11ad LACP to Cisco 2960G (2gbps bond).

Connected Audio Devices

Main system: four input paths:

1. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ Auralic Altair (streamer/DAC) β†’ Analog out to McIntosh MA8900

2. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ Auralic Altair (streamer only) β†’ USB out to RME ADI-2 DAC FS β†’ Analog out to McIntosh MA8900

3. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ Windows 10 Pro box running Roon Bridge β†’ USB out to McIntosh MA8900 DA2 module over ASIO or WASAPI

4. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ WAX218 β†’ Airport Express (AirPort4,107) β†’ S/PDIF out to RME ADI-2 DAC FS β†’ Analog out to McIntosh MA8900

Secondary systems:

1. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ WAX218 β†’ Airport Express in Bedroom (AirPort10,115) β†’ RCA audio out to Boston Acoustics Table Radio

2. DS918+ β†’ Ethernet β†’ WAX218 β†’ Airport Express in Basement (AirPort10,115) β†’ RCA audio out to Denon DRA-395 receiver

Number of Tracks in Library

~40,000 tracks
~4,200 albums
~2,500 artists
~2TB total files

Description of Issue

Ever since using Roon, I have had Roon import my .m3u playlists from Synology Audio Station (which sit in a playlists directory within my music folder). Those playlists work perfectly - always have, and still do. Prior to Build 943, songs in those playlists would show up in β€œPlaylist Links” for the tracks that comprise my playlists. Now, they no longer do.

I have disabled and re-enabled Playlist Links in my settings, to no avail. I have re-scanned my library, restarted Roon Core, and none of that changes anything. I see the problem on both my macOS and iOS controllers.

Not an earth-shattering problem, but want to make the Roon team aware. Thank you.

I solved this. I zipped up the playlists folder and forced a re-scan so that the playlist links were cleared out. Unzipped the playlists folder, and all the links now re-appear!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.