Build 952 Feedback

Works fine for me with both newly created and old existing ones.

1 Like

One step forward, two back.

3 Likes

So I found a way to still play Tidal playlists - In Playlists, right click to select the playlist and then use the Play Now button top of the page.

2 Likes

Blacker blacks, redder reds.

3 Likes

The veil is lifted.

3 Likes

…and the dogs have been let out…

1 Like

Does this not happen every time a new version is released ? (read: it is all in your head) :upside_down_face:

Hey @Douglas_Henning, @Henning , @RBO

Thank you for getting in touch about what you’re seeing on some of your Playlist pages. We’re aware and are investigating the issue. We hope to have more details and report back soon with a fix.

As a temporary workaround either click the first song in the playlist and chose Play from Here or give @RBO method a try:

3 Likes

It’s called sarcasm.

3 Likes

great to see progress on a highly annoying usability bug After lockscreen loosing position in playlists on iOS
Glad to see Roon addressing major usability experience problems.

Sarcarsm not allowed when you point to believers.

Didn’t point to anyone. Just made a joke.

4 Likes

Same here.
PlayNow button inactive.

1 Like

Appears to have solved my endless issue of losing connection after just a few minutes of play! Going on a hour of continuous play with no issues which was impossible in 943. If I can manage this performance for another day I am going to kill my support thread on that topic.

2 Likes

It works well then locks up for me.

My Dell XPS 15 control device is locking up repeatedly while playing albums. I usually have it minimized when this happens.

Agree. I greatly disliked the reconnection every time I pulled Roon back up on my iPhone and iPad. Now very fast and no reconnections. Thanks, Roon for fixing this!

The rebuilding of my database is not yet complete and how much frustration or joy it will bring is written in the stars. Hopefully the stars are good for me.

This picture illustrates why I am chilling right now. I have a lot of different devices in play mode at the same time.

The operation with the not quite fresh Android Samsung Galaxy S8 phone is possible for all devices, no matter if I connect my very old MacBook Pro (year of manufacture 2009), my old Acer Aspire 8943G (just as old), my two Acer V5 with and without touch display (one with Windows 10 the other with Windows 11) or elicit this chill picture with good sound from my XMG Linux server with Manjaro. Everything works. A big thank you to the Roon team and please continue to read diligently so that more problems are fixed by updates 2 times a month.

5 zones on different operating systems run perfectly.

However, I just turned off the audio analysis and the services Tidal and Qobuz.

…and this picture shows why the frustration is just growing again:

The last 700 logs to: Trace: [push2] retrying connection in … ms

The new update prevents the fast connection setup and therefore also the setup of the local database.

So there will be nothing with another year of Roon!

First in Release 1.8-943
05/22 15:21:25 Trace: [push2] retrying connection in 0ms
Last in Release 1.8-952
05/24 10:19:09 Trace: [push2] retrying connection in 55269ms