Cable Management 101 - Please share your tips, successes and failures

Ah, but change one little thing and it all goes to hell. :rofl:

Sadly some of those pictures look familiar. My one great wish for manufactures is that consistently place power outlets at the same side of equipment, how hard would that be… at least you could bundle power together and keep it away from signal cables.

1 Like

We completed a major renovation so I was able to have the sockets and Cat cables plumbed in to the right places .
Just trying to be tidy with the rest.
It’s amazing how you route them neatly then when you need to change anything the cable monster has woven them into a nest :crazy_face:

1 Like

Dig the floors up

We were renovating when i was in my 5.1 fad before we tiled i angled grinded channels for conduits for speaker cables and mounted banana plug plates on the walls. No doubt the expensive cable purists would moan about to many interconnections. It didn’t help the mess at the back of the AV amp but what does

Nowadays i have a Streamer Headphone amp , one LAN, one power, one Headphone and BTW SWBMBO approves . The soundbar has one power one HDMI

Ain’t that the truth!!! Spontaneous entanglement!!

1 Like

Go Wisa!!!

Ok. So we are with Power Cable Management 101 now :joy:

1 Like

Host some live music, and all your concerns about Hi Fi cables will disappear in a puff of smoke…

5 Likes

Hopefully you mean that metaphorically. :rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed, but you never know… We have a lot of wires :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I just call…

2 Likes

I replaced most of my longer AC, and Line cables with with shorter versions, with little excess length, a while back. Tried as much as possible to seperate power and line cables, and where they meet, to cross at 90 degree angle.

Looking down the backside. Probably not as bad as it looks;

View from the front;

I feel like I could do better if I really tried. I do have that coil of white ethernet cable, against the wall in that first picture, I should shorten.

1 Like

Take your time, pay attention to detail if you want to obtain excellent results.

Pass me another tie strap…………

2 Likes

Now snug up the tie strap and trim ends, done!

2 Likes

Amazing what you can do with a few tie straps.

1 Like

Coiling the Ethernet cable like that might help with the zeros but what about the ones? :rofl:

Nonetheless it does look quite tidy. Well done. Inspiring!

2 Likes

Trying to have “Irreversible Entanglements” playing some music only!
:black_joker:
<pls. use zoom to your discretion>

And in some more detail…

4 Likes

Now with WUE 74271222S Split ferrite for Ø 12.5 mm, black, 265 Ohm @ 100 MHz :wink:

Torben

1 Like

Could you be more specific about “trunking”?

Panduit makes a plastic cable loom, but it is damned expensive for what it is. I don’t think that’s what you’re talking about.