Cables, that’s where the money is 😂

Cables, that’s where the money is :joy:

9 Likes

Cables, that’s where the magic is :joy:

3 Likes

Very appropriate

6 Likes

Breaking the laws of physics and common sense is an expensive endeavor :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

What a crock of total sh1tte

Performance, stratosphere and dizzying. FFS, marketing tripe at its best.

Obviously YMMV, and you may hear a subtle difference with high end cables. Cables over £/$100 make my eyes water :rofl:

6 Likes

It must be very difficult to plug in after it was pushed into the stratosphere. How many kilometers do I need?

I learned a new English word: Pellucid. Dictionary tells me it’s a synonym for transparent, so I guess this means that it’s a fancy way of saying “makes no difference”

10 Likes

I wonder how much the oak or maple variants go for? And do they change the sound? Maybe oak is more analytical compared to the softwood entry models.

4 Likes

Changing wood types changes the timbre of the music

:wink:

15 Likes

Ah the pain of the pune.

1 Like

Haha, great bantz.

I do like it when they diss the previous model! The old one was so aggressive in the trebles, yet no mention of a full refund for what appears to be an unfit for purpose cable!

6 Likes

Well I don’t know what you expect from an interconnect for only 17K

3 Likes

To be honest, I’d expect a sedan chair, free food and a firework display for cables at that price.

6 Likes

You obviously haven’t read the latest news - the Odin 2 has been eclipsed …

Unsurprisingly, it’s more expensive than the Odin 2 :smiley:

3 Likes

Looking forward to the marketing copy. “Finally solving the lingering floppy bass of the Odin 2, …”

2 Likes

The Odin 1 specs from Nordost Odin 1 Supreme Reference Interconnect (pair) – Upscale Audio (now only 7K, down from 17K, deal of a lifetime) contain this gem:

Velocity of Propagation: 90%

Wondering “90% of what”, the solution came in the blurb of the (I suppose very poor) Valhalla V2:

V2 is extremely fast, at over 87% the speed of light

1 Like

Don’t you mean timber? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is where the Odin Gold is clearly superior as “the sweeping, state-of-the-art, proprietary technology and high-quality materials used to construct the Odin Gold S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital cables make it possible to exceed all transmission standards” [emphasis added].

I’m guessing that’s something like 110% velocity, or maybe even higher :slight_smile:

1 Like

A play on words

Nah, breaking light speed will happen with the Gold 2. (I found out in the meantime that this is what they are talking about, edited above)

Edit:

Ah, and I suppose what they used is a first order approximation of the speed of wave propagation in a cable, 𝑣=1/√𝐿𝐶 with the electrical values of Odin 1 in the specs,

Capacitance: 19 pF/ft
Inductance: 0.07 μH/ft

Which results in 0.87

I suppose that’s worth 17K

2 Likes