Cambridge Audio EVO 75 - Roon Stops After Playback

Good news that you got a stable system again.
Is it completely reliable again now and no dropouts ?

Likely Roon Ready was awarded on a previous firmware, they likely broke it afterwards with a later one. I dont believe subsequent firmware goes through any more tests once they get certified. If they did nothing would ever come out.

3 Likes

Seems like a hole in the RR process, especially if things can be broken so easily with future firmware updates.

So far it is really stable. Will be testing tomorrow for a longer period of time, although don’t think it’s really necessary. They fixed it and I’m really happy about it :smiley:

2 Likes

You can’t expect them to check every update a manufacturer makes as it would never get certified. It’s up to the manufacturers to not break it once they get it. Often Roon step in though to advise them again. But this really is down to them and not Roon. I bet Apple and Google don’t check them after its initially been certified either.

1 Like

Simon I hear what you are saying, but given that, it can be held up for a year or two because it is not perfect. Then it can then be broken a week later with another update and all good because it is certified now.

Not good , but yes it happens so is life.

@CrystalGipsy is correct here, we do not test every new firmware of a device after certification, however, when there are major changes to firmware we do work with the manufacturer to assist them in debugging issues.

We have Roon Ready / Roon Tested devices in the lab, so that when/if issues appear we can work closely with manufacturers to fix issues in a much quicker timeframe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.