Can not connect to Google Home Mini

Chromecast support is great but I can’t connect to my Google Home Mini. I see it under Audio Settings but when I hit the Enable button I just hear a bleep from my mini and nothing else. The device never shows as active or available. No music sounds. Strangely enough, the Google Home app shows that music is playing from mini so the app thinks something is connected. Any ideas? I’ve restarted both Roon and the mini.

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Christopher_Borgmeye!

Can you first confirm that you’ve rebooted the Home Mini?

If that doesn’t work, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

Can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Regards,
Dylan

Dylan,

Thanks for your help. I have rebooted both the Roon core and the mini. (A couple of times in fact.) I just recreated the issue at 4:24 p.m. US EDT.

As a side note, I have found that for both MacOS and iOS, if apps are not updated, when you click on the Audio Settings, the app immediately crashes and quits without warning. That could catch some users off guard if they are not aware of the update.

Thanks @Christopher_Borgmeye ! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

-Dylan

Hey @Christopher_Borgmeye!

We made some changes that we believe will take care of this issue. The new build should be available now. Can you try updating and let me know if the experience improves for you?

More information regarding this release can be found here:

Thanks!
Dylan

1 Like

Dylan. Works great now. You guys are the best. Thanks for the quick response and fix.

2 Likes