Can’t connect to my Synology NAS drive anymore

I’ve been a Roon user for a few years. I’ve developed a problem where the software has forgotten the location of my Synology NAS drive with all my music on. I have tried to reconnected it in the storage option in set up, but after thinking about it, I get an unexpected error. I have ROCK running on a Intel NUC and it seems to be working fine otherwise, with Qobuz. I can access the NAS drive as normal with MacOS and Windows.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Did you make any change to the Synology share, such as a change in permissions or password? For example, a password with special characters causes an “unexpected error.”

change of IP address for the NAS maybe…are you using the name or IP address in the path…maybe screenshot of the storage settings would help in roon too.

Thank you. I am on the latest update of Roon. Roon core is running on an Intel NUC i7 with an SSD. I am using a Netgear R8000P router. No changes to the Synology log in info. Or IP Address.

Hi @Steve_Vaughan,

Can you please share a screenshot of the path and error message you are getting when trying to add this share into Roon?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.