Can’t find Roon Ready tab on the new Astell & Kern Kann Max

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Today I receive my new Kann Max, so far super excited with it but…it’s announced as Roon Ready but I can’t find how to enable it. The option is not available on the menu.

Anyone with the same problem?

Best regards

If it’s on the network have you looked in roon settings, audio?

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Thank you so much.

The configuration is as it follows.
I’ve got a 2020 Mac Mini as Roon Server connected to other DAC via USB. I recently purchased a Sony DAP and after installing Roon app, everything works very smooth.
The new DAP is an Astell & Kern Kann Max.
As I can see on the Roon support…I need to enable the option Roon Ready on Settings in the DAP but the option is not there and as well I cannot install any Roon App.
On the Roon Server it doesn’t appear on the Audio settings.

Hope that it helps

Do you have a link to this?

You may need to update the firmware to the latest build to enable Roon Ready on the Device. I had to on my Kann Alpha when I tried one out.

I was thinking about the roon supported devices page, there told that the astell & kern kann max is roon ready.

Hi @Alex_Herreros_Aizpur

The Kann Max is Roon Ready! Please ensure that you’ve updated the DAP with the latest firmware. You can find additional info on settings in the Kann Max manual link here.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues after updating the firmware. Thanks!

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your answer. As far as I can see there isn’t any firmware update of the DAP apart from the factory settings one. I’m looking at the menu and I can’t see any switch to active de Roon ready feature as on other Astell and Kern devices.

Hope that it helps

I would Talk to A&K support then, if it’s not showing up as an option on the device this isnt a Roon problem it the A&K, Roon doesnt control how the DAP works only how Roon sees and interacts with it. If you can’t turn the Roon feature on then it’s a device issue. I bet your not on latest firmware. Is there no option to check for an update?

1 Like

Looking at their website their is no mention of it being Roon Ready like the other daps,so perhaps the firmware has not been released yet that adds it and Roon has jumped the gun on their list.

I think so…is a new model and only have the factory firmware. Roon released a note telling that is Roon ready but maybe, being a new model…I’ll have to wait.

Thank you so much for your time

1 Like

Can you share a link to the note …

I looked on Roon’s partners page, and there is an A&K Kann Max list as Roon Ready.

Following the breadcrumbs take me to this A&S page…
https://www.astellnkern.com/product/product_detail.jsp?productNo=133

I concur with others in dropping A&S a line to ask about firmware versions / update.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.