Can’t get Roon to detect Lyngford TDAI 3400

I have just bought a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400. Excellent.

I have a trial Roon subscription but the app on my iPad will not discover the Lyngdorf unit. It does not detect it even though the Lyngdorf manual says that the unit is always set for Roon to see it.

The Lyngdorf has a wired Ethernet connection to my LAN and I am using the MConnect app (as Qobuz is not native on Lyngdorf)

Thoughts and advice please.

Victor, London.

What are you using for your roon server and how is it connected?

It’s not possible…

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Make sure you go into Settings then Audio and enable the Lyngdorf. If you don’t see it in that menu, you have a problem. But until you enable a device, you can’t just start playing on it.

Here are details of the system I am using with the TDAI 3400. Excuse lack of technical expertise.

TDAI is said to be always Roon ready. (I have tried switching it to Roon Ready on the display and this has made no difference.) TDAI connected by cable to BT Smart Hub.

The Roon app is on my iPad. It opens with Choose your Roon Core. This does not detect device so the Roon symbol continues to pulsate and nothing happens. I have tried entering the IP of the TDAI 3400 manually and that does not work. iPad is running OS14.1. Connected via wireless.

LAN is a BT Smart Hub. I am afraid I don’t know the specific details. We will have used the default settings. It is plugged into a BT landline. We have one BT mini Whole Home wi-fi disc at the top of the house to improve the coverage.

I am attempting to stream music from Qobuz using a mconnectHD app (Qobuz not yet native on Lyngdorf). The Qobuz app is on my iPad and iPhone. mconnectHD is on my iPad.

Thanks.

Have you got a roon server? You can’t just use the iPad, you need a pc or Mac as a server.

You need something that will act as a Roon Core and the iPad will not do that. I just use my MacBook Pro as a Core into my TDAi-3400 and it works very well. At some point I may add a NUC to run the Core, but I’m not ready to do that just yet.

@Victor_Smart I suggest you read up on how Roon works. It is a server and client solution, not app and client. The Roon app on iOS or Android does not act as a server it’s a control point for the server and can act as an endpoint to. You need to have Roon server running on a computer or supported Nas or dedicated audio server to use Roon.

1 Like

I appreciate the promptness and quality of your replies. Seems very basic, I know. Can I use an iMac as the server - it is always powered up in a room upstair and on the same network. And, if so, is my first step to download the Roon app on it? Victor

Yes you can and yes download the app.
All of these questions are covered if you read the link I sent above. I would suggest you read up on how roon works and then ask any questions you are still unclear about.

Will look at the link. Many thanks.

Hello @Victor_Smart, glad you got some help here! Ged has the right idea, but please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you all. Up and running and now enjoying the delights of Roon!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.