Can‘t login Qobuz, similar problem to others

Having same problem. To save you time, answers to your support questions are:

1. Am I right that you were previously signed in Roon using this Qobuz account, but a day ago you were automatically logged out and cannot login anymore? YES.
  2. Is it possible for you to change password via Qobuz page (any new password, you can revert it back to previous value as soon as you are done with this test) and then try to login Qobuz account in Roon once again? HAVE DONE THIS, NEW PASSWORD WORKS ON QOBUZ WEBSITE BUT NOT IN ROON.
  3. Do you have any active VPN app running at the moment? I HAVE A VPN INSTALLED BUT IT WASN’T RUNNING WHEN THE PROBLEM WAS SEEN.
  4. Is that possible for you to follow instructions listed here and share a zip archive with us via Dropbox or GDrive? If you do not use any of these services, we can think of a convenient way of uploading an archive. I CAN DO THAT YES.

If there is a standard answer please direct me to it, otherwise please PM me. Thanks

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. Hence I split out your topic.

Many thanks, haven’t needed to post before so learning the ropes. Other info that may help the @support team:

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface book (original model). Roon vers 1.7 build 710 (stable 32 bit), via ethernet into Fritzbox mesh repeater which is several months old and has shown no other issues.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Fritzbox router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Another surface book downstairs on ethernet to Devolo, HDMI audio output. Also 2 Chromecast audios one wired one wifi, and occasional use of Apple TV.

I have checked and I can login completely successfully to Qobuz site with the recently changed password. I can certainly generate and PM the mentioned logs to somebody but I am not quite sure how to actually send them. Can you advise ?

There may be a problem at the Qobuz end in that I am also having a problem logging in to Qobuz with Squeezelite-X on Windows. But that looks more like a client issue than a server one at the moment. I wondering if Qobuz have changed something ?

OK. Nothing yet from @support but I do now have a data point that may help others. The login problem with the LMS software was indeed fixed by turning off the VPN just to login. A subtle problem indeed because my LMS process is in fact running on Linux without a VPN, but the client I was using to access it was under windows, and the VPN is at the Windows end.

So if I can’t get Roon to work with Qobuz I can always save myself ~100 quid/year and go back to LMS for everything :wink: … not that I want to, mind …

Hi @Nicholas_Watkins,

Happy New Year and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here! I have sent you a link via private message to a place you can upload them, can you please use these instructions to access your logs and upload a set there? Any questions just let met know, thanks!

Thanks, will do asap.

Thought I’d better try and replicate the fault again before uploading logs. Turned off the VPN to login (as I had also done previously) but this time it worked ! Have now started VPN again with no issues so far. Have also PM’d support to say I am happy to upload the logs to them if still useful as it may confirm what was different between the two occasions and to ask them if they’d like me to do this ?

Hi @Nicholas_Watkins,

Thanks for letting us know that the VPN turned off resolved this issue!

Since the issue is fixed with the VPN turned off, logs won’t be too useful in this case.

VPNs are known to cause some issues with Roon, so if you are able to set an exception in your VPN for Roon, I would do this to prevent communication issues.

Fault first appeared when VPN also wasn’t running, though. I had wonderd if comparing what the log showed for both events might tell you something. I don’t know how far back logs go, though, i.e. are they overwritten every time Roon starts ?

Hi @Nicholas_Watkins,

Roon uses “rolling logs” meaning that the oldest of the logs are automatically overwritten depending on how much activity Roon performs, and there are a total of 20 log sets kept.

If you recall the exact local time + date of the issue’s occurrence we can take a look to see if there were clues in the logs, but I do suspect that the VPN was playing a part in the issue here based on your observations.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t Login to Qobuz via Roon