Cannot Change Roon Core

I moved my library to local hd D:, I needed to change the Roon Server from my NAS to the D: drive. I used the Roon Server Installer to put on that drive. But every time I shut down Roon, upon restart, it only shows Roon Core on the NAS (which I deleted Roon Server from that NAS yesterday, yet it still shows up!) and not on D drive.

Only now, if i install Roon Server on D: drive again, can I get Roon to see the D drive library!

Help please? lol

@support

Advice please.

Hi @fore,

I’m sure support will be along soon to help, in the meantime take a look at section FAQ: How do I move my Roon library to a new computer? that’s in the Roon Knowledge Base.

If that does not help, then can you describe, in list form, the steps that you have taken thus far. This will help us to track down where the issue might be.

Can you also give us the details of your setup (as listed here)? A screenshot of the Storage tab of Settings would be great too.

One aspect I’m not quite clear on is:[quote=“fore, post:1, topic:25599”]
I moved my library to local hd D:, I needed to change the Roon Server from my NAS to the D: drive.
[/quote]Are you moving just your audio files from the NAS or have you moved your audio files and the Roon Server application?

1 Like

Hi @fore ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The feedback is very appreciated and my apologies for any frustrations here.

I would highly recommend giving the knowledge base article a read that Carl has provided in his post as it contains information that could help aide with the current situation.

Furthermore, as @Carl (:thumbsup:) has also pointed out, having a clear understanding of what your current setup looks like as well having insight into what steps were taken when you tried to change your Core will greatly expedite our evaluation of this issue.

Looking forward to your input!
-Eric

Thanks guys, I got it!

Much appreciation,
Chris

A post was merged into an existing topic: Changing cores problem

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.