Cannot connect to AppleTV

I tried putting this in the support section but clearly roon want to stop people getting help, as I see no way to just post.

This has been a constant issue since the dawn of Roon. It will not connect to my Appletvs (4s)

If I turn password off in the apple settings then when connecting it brings up a 4 digit code. I enter this into roon and roon just says the password was not excepted or it will imply its connected but the code on the apple tv will not go away.

If I turn on require password on the ATV then roon will say connecting indefinitely, never connecting.

What is the solution here?

Not at all, just follow the published directions…

———

To aid you I have moved this topic to Support so it’s visible to Roon’s support team.

1 Like

I did that then it went to a knowledge base with page after page of nothing relating to this issue and still no way to start a post.

The fact is its just putting blocks in the way of posting for help isn’t it, I cannot think of a positive reason for it?

It sounds like you followed the link to the Roon Knowledge Base (which is for self help) rather than following the link to Support category to report an issue.

Check out the page link above again and hopefully you will be able to see the distinction now.

1 Like

With Apple TVs they need to be set using the 6 digit passcode option. Anything other will not work. This is what I found I needed to do.

This setup can be done within the Apple TV AirPlay settings screen.

I did that and Roon just spins and spins never connecting until I cancel it

And it’s definitely the 6 digit code option?

Are you on WiFi or ethernet?

What router do you have?

1 Like

Yup, I can set the code myself in the airplay option, I put it into roon and spinning spinning.

Apple tvs are on wifi, all other function, netflix etc work perfectly

All routing is via unifi as well as wifi.

1 Like

Have you got multicast enabled?

1 Like

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Thanks for writing in! A few follow up questions for you:

1. What firmware + Apple TV OS version is the TV currently running?

2. If you add the Apple TV to your Home app, does the issue persist? Steps highlighted below:

You will need an iOS device to access the Apple ‘Home’ Application

1. Open the “Home” app on your iOS device

2. Tap the “+” button in the top right corner

1. Tap “Add Accessory”

1. Instead of using a QR Code to Add Accessory, tap “More options”

1. Wait for Home to scan your local network

1. Add the accessory. This involves connecting to the speaker, selecting the speaker location, and creating a speaker name

1. Now that the device is added, click on the three-dot ‘…’ menu on the top right corner of the Home app, next to the ‘+’ button used in step 2

1. Click on ‘Home Settings’

1. Set ‘Speakers & TV’ to ‘Everyone’

1. Airplay should now be enabled. The last step is to now open and connect Roon to play audio. Open Roon, navigate to your Roon Settings>Audio, and enable the recently added devices.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.