Cannot download roon remote on my ipad

Can’t even get started.
Can’t seem to run roon remote on my ipad or my windows computer.
I am set up with Roon Ready and Roon Server on my Antipodes DX (Gen 3) and they are present on the GUI but I have no way to run the software.
About ready to go back to Squeezebox.
Very Frustrated

Hi Tim,

Can you describe your network ? Are the Antipodes, computer and iPad all on the same subnet ?

When you start Roon on the computer, did it offer a choice to use the Antipodes as Core ? You may need to use Settings/Disconnect to see that choice again.

Thank you for responding Andrew.
Here is the whole story;
I just received my Antipodes DX back from the Gen 3 upgrade. I was previously using Logitech Media Server (LMS - i.e., Squeezebox and Squeezelite) to control music from the DX to my main system (only) with Metrum Pavane L3 DAC, and I was quite pleased with the SQ, if not so much the OS. I wanted to try roon on the DX and use it as a server to two other systems in the house. I purchased the SOtM SMS-200ultra, tx-USBultra, and sPS-500 power supply to use as an endpoint to my main system (even though the DX is supposed to be an endpoint itself). When I received the DX, I hooked everything up including the SOtM stuff and…nothing. Finally, I removed the SOtM pieces (for now) and connected the DX exactly as I had it before the upgrade. I was able to get LMS lite to work and was finally playing music, which again sounded very good. During that process, I tried to make roon work;
-I could not get roon to work at all, even though it shows up on the DX,
-I could not download an app to control roon on either my iPad or my HP Windows 7 laptop (both of which control LMS just fine),
-I finally found out my iPad is apparently too old (running IOS 10.3.3) even though it is not all that old,
-I was able to download roon remote on my iPhone but that is not how I will ultimately prefer to control it and I would still like to have it on my laptop,
-Still couldn’t get roon to output to an endpoint, or even to the internal renderer within the DX,
-Finally gave up for now and filed this under “too much monkey business to make it work”
-I am not young but am moderately tech-savvy with an MS in engineering and I work with some un-intuitive programs, but this process seems to have too many moving parts to be streamlined for end users. However, many use it so there must be stuff I am missing.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

With your laptop, try the Windows 32 bit Roon download. Point it at the Core on the Antipodes.

These are the minimum requirements.

Hey @Tim_Mitchell — Thank you for sharing your report with us!

To start, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide. Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

-I could not download an app to control roon on either my iPad or my HP Windows 7 laptop (both of which control LMS just fine),

Can you expand on the above for me? When you try to install Roon using this link what happens?

-Still couldn’t get roon to output to an endpoint, or even to the internal renderer within the DX

Can you clarify the above for me? When you try to play a track what happens? Does the slider progress but you can’t hear sound? Does the slider not progress at all?

Since you’ve started troubleshooting have you tried rebooting your Core machine, endpoints, and networking hardware?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi @Tim_Mitchell, if you have installed the 32-bit Roon Remote OK on your HP and are still having problems you can contact me at support@antipodes.global and I can give you some assistance.

andybob and dylan,
Thank you for your help.
I have had some success downloading to both my iPhone 6+ and my Windows 64-bit Windows 7 laptop, so I can use either as my remote.
I am now able to listen to music using Roon.
My next challange will be to output Ethernet from my Antipodes DX to the SOtM SMS-200ultra, which I plan to use as the endpoint. I have not yet tried that.

1 Like