Cannot find my device

I have a Dynaudio Xeo 6 connected via usb to laptop running roon core and using mobile ios as control.
In device set up it shows Dynaudio connect but i cannot find my device in the boxes shown.

While you are waiting for the smart guys, you might want to post a screenshot of what you are seeing, or not seeing.

Hi @Stewart_Taylor,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Was this device working for you previously? Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and the zone picker?

Hi,sorry you may have misunderstood my question as there is no problem whatsoever and works perfectly.My question was i have a Dynaudio Xeo 6 wireless system connected to laptop via usb running roon core.
Even though in device set up it recognises my audio device as Dynaudio Connect it tells me to identify this device from a list of manufacturers that does not include Dynaudio.

USB can talk to Roon and tell you what it is. It is a feature of Roon that it is able to identify devices connected. But to identify it and link to a unique profile specific to that product needs Roon Tested or Roon Ready status which this isn’t (yet).

Thanks,can it cause problems if it is not Roon tested or Roon ready.

No. If the device meets the class 2 audio standards it will be just fine.

Hi @Stewart_Taylor,

As @Henry_McLeod mentioned, the Dynaudio Connect is not a Roon Tested device, and would not show up there unless it has been submitted for certification.

Not seeing it from the identify list won’t cause any issues, this feature is more to set the appropriate output settings and hide the ones that don’t apply to the specific DAC.

If you’d like to see this device part of Roon Tested, I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturing company and let them know this is of interest to you, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks,after contacting Dynaudio there response was that The chipset in the Xeo Connect box is not able to support Roon.
But it works perfectly well as it is through usb anyway so no worries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.