CANNOT FIND NUCLEUS + on my network

CANNOT FIND NUCLEUS + on my network. My laptop is hard wired into the same switch that my nucleus is plugged into, please help

Is the device powered on? There should be a white light at the back of the unit.

Hey @Franklin_Binns — I appreciate you reaching out!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to verify, have you previously been able to see the Nucleus on your network or is this your first time getting it set up? If you haven’t already, I definitely recommend taking a look at our Nucleus manual.

Thanks!

While using my iphone on wifi, My phone cannot connect to Nucleus + (Core). However if I ping with its ip with my browser I could access settings page IP address is 192.168.1.172. I have Ruckus wireless Antennas with a Araknis POE Switch, Araknis Router, Optimmun Modem.

Is the iphone on a different subnet? More specifically, does it have an ip address 192.168.x.y where x =! 1?

I appreciate the information @Franklin_Binns!

As Nepherte mentioned above, we will want to make sure that the remote device is on the same subnet as the Nucleus.

A good test here is to use an app like FING that scans your network from the remote device. Is the iPhone able to see the Nucleus on FING?

Are you able to connect to the Nucleus from other devices?

1 Like